Monday, June 15

A Parade of Purple

A visit to another country is not complete if I did not have a chance to walk through a garden and see one.  And in my walk at the Flower Dome, the colour purple, or most aptly called violet, brought forth elegance and brightness to rows of common pinks, yellows and reds. 

The psychology of purple...




The colour purple supports the idea of meditation. 




The purple is associated with the transformation of the soul. 



The color purple is associated with the novelty and royalty.





An introspective colour, it allows us to be in touch of our deeper thoughts.





Purple keeps us grounded.




The colour purple is used for inspiration.



Purple has power, demanding a certain respect. 



The colour purple is the colour of the imagination and spirituality. 



Purple is ambitious and self-assured. 


Variations of the colour purple or violet are lavender, mauve, lilac, amethyst, plum and deep purple.  The walk was a harmony of different shades that soothes the senses.  It was a good walk, no, a great one and a timely one.
Have a great week!

(Source -http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-purple.html)

8 comments:

  1. I've always been mesmerized by lavender, also because of its scent. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My young sister and 2 brothers and my kuya pinsan, they all love the shades of violet. As in... and one thing I noticed about them, they arre all calm and meditative persons. I should have more violet colors in my life to cure my restlessness. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the color Sir, but it is indeed a very beautiful one. You took so many good photos Sir. The flowers are very beautiful. Wish I could visit the dome someday too hehehe


    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh purple! the color of 1000 peso bill *kaching kaching* $$$$

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes colours are not enough for flowers, the scented ones make more of an impact. Thanks Mr. Tripster for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cher Kat, must have something to really do with the colours. My bedroom, when ai was young, was painted in yellow for study purposes. Now that I am older, I should make my room in this shade for meditative purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cristine, I took hundreds of pictures but I decided to make a blog entry for purple ones. I had one for yellow and the flowers were from my own garden. The Flower Dome is worth a visit especially for people like me who are fond of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiel, love that too, ha,ha,ha! Musta na?

    ReplyDelete