Friday, June 5

Thong Pha Pum District of Kanchanaburi

Rest was all I needed after all the doings in the family and rest I got. A three hours drive from Central Bangkok, Kanchanaburi had always been a favourite of mine but this time, I ended up in Thong Pha Pum district, a not so touristy place. Since it was a random plan, I had no booked accommodation so I still had to look for one.





The first four photos were taken from a sprawling resort I got to visit as I was looking for a place to stay  for the night. Though it was huge and inviting, there were no food available to purchase within the premises. 


The Vajiralongkorn Dam was the highlight of my trip as the concrete-filled dam in Thong Pha Pum is a major source of hydroelectric power. 


The colours of the sky reminded me of the beautiful memories of my existence. It was humbling to be part of its vastness. It was a beautiful place to be, surrounded by water while the sky cast blue and white streaks signaling the end of the day. 


A hearty dinner was had and the location was picture perfect, right beside a river with an older steel bridge. It was probably the biggest restaurant in that area as it was filled to capacity. The food were tasty and surprisingly cheaper than cheap. A great way to end the day!


And it was time to retreat to my abode. I was intrigued as to where should I sleep for the night what with the different themed houses. A Thai inspired one, a house on stilts, a caravan, a pumpkin a cottage or inside a cave were all for the choosing. 



The next day, there was a stop over as to see another place and to my amazement, another themed resort but really far away from the main district.


The houses were shaped like vegetables and fruits. This gave me an idea of where to stay the next time. And until next blog post, Ciao!

6 comments:

  1. That is a really beautiful place Sir!
    perfect for any kind of rest. The river looks so calming and peaceful and yes, very clean. I hope I could visit such kind of river in the Philippines soon! Take care Sir and I hope you are doing really good. :)

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cristine,

    I am actually interested to read and see more of the Philippines because I know it is a beautiful country. The sad thing is that I find traveling in there more difficult and not to mention, frustrating. It was a good rest and I am doing good, so far. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang ganda ng lugar sir Jo :)
    Perfect na perfect na pantanggal ng stress!
    Lalo na yung cute na mga fruits/veggies themed houses XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo nga fiel, mas perfect kung mas matagal ang bakasyon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohemhh.. There's just a lot of places to go to in there!! TI'll wait for your post about your visit in those veggie houses!!! They look soooo cutieee to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marami din diyan sa Pinas and I have to discover them too.

    ReplyDelete