Sunday, November 18

To Fly Back Home

Christmas is almost here and majority of my students and my colleagues in school had made plans for the winter break. While most will be going back to their home countries, some opted to visit other places for leisure.

I was wishy washy whether to go back home or not. Scouting for airline promotions and cheap tickets, I ended having no flights booked because I just can't make my mind. I was hoping to save a few hundreds or a thousand, comparing the present ticket prices to previously purchased ones and that was not a good idea.

Anyways, a friend came to the rescue, more of a prodding, and volunteered to watch promos with an eagle eye, emailing me the latest amongst the many airlines that flies back home. Though all flights were fully booked, I got one and paid a larger sum than  what was offered last month. My bad!

What made me changed my mind? The spirit of Christmas, my family, my friends, my longing to be with people I care and love most. I should always put in mind that money can never replace all the above mentioned entities. So even with very little money, I will fly back home and maybe carry back smiles and happy memories for the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment