Friday, April 11

Just One Thorn (April 11, 2008)


There was a freak storm one afternoon that lasted for about forty five minutes. I wasn't home. When I returned, I noticed something in my garden and it was this wax rose tree I have beside the house. It fell.

The next morning, I went out to chopped the tree armed with a knife and a saw. It was one of the most difficult job ever. The entire tree is surrounded by spikes, multiple spikes poking outward ready to strike an intruder. It was a daunting experience because I was worried of getting hurt. One spike is what it takes to penetrate one's skin to bleed. And it happened.

There are some things in this world that looks beautiful outside but dangerous inside. It might come as a disguise. It might come as a trick. It might be a form of defense. But whatever it might be, the best thing to do is to be prepared.

It takes only one thorn, only one, to harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment