Thursday, April 3

The Value of Things (April 03, 2008)


I have this very tall palm tree growing beside the house. I am always worried that one day it will fall either to my side or to my neighbour that’s why I asked some people to come and chopped it off. It was tricky as to how it should be chopped off. Anyway, the tree is now out and so is a home.

I didn’t realize that there is a nest on top of the palm tree. It was a beautiful nest of a pigeon bird. I didn’t know that they made the palm as their nesting place. The gardeners were able to save the nest with two baby birds in it. The birds had grown feathers and awaiting for the time to be able to fly on their own. I felt so sad that I have to take their home away. I felt bad because I have to take the baby birds away from their mum. The gardeners took the baby birds home to care for them.

That afternoon, I can hear a chirping sound of a bird hovering above the area where once stood the palm tree. I felt bad for that bird. I wanted to apologize.

In life, we take things away from people and we don’t realize how important they are for them. When we stopped giving out our friendship, we lose a friend. When we take love away from our home, it becomes empty. When we take trust away, we become wary of everything. When we take dreams away, we take the value of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment