Sunday, January 12

Five in Half a Day


Chinese Checkers is one of my favourite games of all times. It can played by two persons or a maximum of six. It has a very simple rule. The aim is to race all the same coloured pieces to the opposite side before your opponent does. Once you reach your 'home', you win. 

During my short stay in Manila, I had the opportunity to meet fellow bloggers who are of different educational backgrounds with different life experiences. When the six of us met, I felt that we were in a skilled based game of Chinese Checkers. Each was represented by a colour and I will be assigning them one and will speak of them giving short descriptions.


Fiel's elusive personality came to life with this meet of ours. Bubbly and always with an infectious chuckle, he has a charisma of his own. In his blog writings, he is always the one with positive vibes. I finally met the one eyed profile picture of fiel-kun and it was a fitting honour. Devoid of frivolities and false pretenses, he is going to be white.




When I dropped by Geosef's blog, I felt I was in a world of lust. The stories were naughty and filled with life. It was like "Damn, how come he got all the good stuff?" But it was his words that made me stay. I thought that he was a literature graduate but he wasn't. He is just good with it, a person to look up to. That's why he is red. 




Mine is black because it is the absence of colour. I was a mere bystander to their blogs early of last year till I started making my presence known. I am more of an observer, studying the underlying meanings of their posts and trying to learn how to write better. I am learning a lot from these five people. 




Rix's blog is filled with humour and life. He is known for his mosquito coil lines at the end of each post. What you read is what you get, this saying sums up the personality of Rix. He is not only a great person to speak with but also a man of wisdom. With all those laugh trips and jokes, he exudes a commanding stance when he starts to speak about life and friendship. He is going to be blue. 




I visited Arvin's blog since early of last year but his postings were very minimal. In a way, his blog has been like a mirror of how I am in Thailand since both of us are working out of the country. I assigned him green based of his latest postings but joking aside, green means growth and he has been instrumental in bringing growth to PBO.




And to complete the board, Kat is going to be yellow. Although the only rose amongst the thorns, she was the glue to this meet up. I don't know where she gets her powers waking up early in the morning and staying late at night. I started calling her the "Queen of EB" since I see her everywhere. her jovial personality and rich stories will surely make you in awe. I bet the boys are hooked to her because she is witty, sensible and animated.



The pegs of the board are the stories and experiences we shared with each other. Turning, jumping, avoiding traps and giving way were all part of that wonderful day. We took turns, we paused, we listened and learned. We became silent, we shutdown, they made glances (to their phones) and smiled. We were shy, we were bold, we laughed but we didn't cry. 

While each peg of the board continuously move towards their "home" during that day, we finally bade farewell. We have possibly moved towards winning the game we call friendship or losing it. Whatever came out of that meet, I emerged a winner because I got five to hold on to. 

I send you love and gratitude for one, fine, wonderful day.

40 comments:

  1. What a beautiful description of these wonderful bloggers. I admire you for your wisdom and for your words. Nahiya na tuloy ako makipagkita sa yo Sir:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humble that you are, you chose not to shine but be a mere observer. I bet, they wouldnt disagree with me that it is an honor to have met you and be considered your friend.

    Colors, whatever they maybe or the absence of it makes this journey called life wonderful and meaningful. People come, go or stay, but they all make/leave a mark in our lives. We either choose to forget or hold on to...

    What more can I say? I look forward to more years-lifetime of friendship! More years of writing! More stories to share. More lessons to learn.


    Love you so much Cher Jo! Mwuaahhuugzzzzz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang saya naman. Mabuti at nagkita-kita kayo. The more, the manier ika nga hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang galing ng paggamit mo ng Chinese Checkers to tell some things about us. I literally laughed out loud sa ilan sa mga description mo sa amin, lalo na yung sa akin. *hehehe*

    Thank you so much, Cher Jo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Joy,

    Even without meeting you, I already have wonderful descriptions of you based in your blogs and writings.
    Ako ang dapat mahiya dahil hindi ako papasa kay Jesus, salbahe much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cher Kat,

    What you wrote is the English version of what I wrote in your comment box about friendship, ha,ha,ha. Kidding aside, I do enjoy meeting people but not in a big group. It was good you were there. Your mere presence made the gathering more active and responsive.

    Good luck this Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello ambot,

    If you were just a stone throw away but I need a giant catapult to do that. Sana nga nagkita tayo and there is always another day. Ingat po!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Geosef,

    Bakit ka naman natawa eh hindi naman humour post ito. Straight from the brain yan, not from the heart, lol!You are completely the opposite of what I thought you will be in person. You hide behind your words, your rainbow is in print, but I do understand that on that day, you were mere human, may pinagdadaanan, just like what you said. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Princess pa lang pala po ako! Hahahaha... Hindi pa ko ang queen... Wahahahaha...
    Na-english ko lang ba?! Arrggggg pinaghirapan ko kaya yan isipin :P
    Ahihihi..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello cher kat,

    Ayaw mo nuon, may translation, and we do not need to use google. O sige, princess ka na lang muna, sino naman ang prince?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think you are the man of wisdom hahaha to relate every color in the board games to each characteristics and personality that is so witty ehehehe.

    Nadagdagan ng 1 1/2 kilo ang chubby kong heart dito lolz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rix,

    Every colour for every person. Ginamit ko din yung board kasi nga we all go in different directions but the goal is to gain friends. Sige ka, bumibigat ang timbang mo sa laki na ng puso mo. Baka ako pa ang maging kasalanan niyan. Paano na pag umibig pa yan?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ayan, di na naman ako agad-agad nakapag-react sir Jonathan. Ninamnam ko pa talaga ang bawat salita at katagang pinang-describe nyo sa aking personality.

    Maraming salamat din po at isa kayo sa naging ray of light na suminag sa aking "elusive" personality.

    Natuwa ako dahil nai-connect nyo talaga ang bawat kulay ng Chinese Checkers sa aming anim hehe.

    Muli, isang naghuhumiyaw na pasasalamat para po sa pagkakaibigan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buti na lang at di more than 6 sumama.. hahaha, mahirap na nyan mag hanap ng games with rainbows.. lels..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Senyor,

    Oo nga colourful. Kung nagtagal sana ako with your company then I get to know Marge, Nah Nah and Arline as well. Pag uwi ko next time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi fiel,

    Ikaw naman, hindi naman mahirap i-describe ang personality mo. It was easy because it was honest and very visible. I enjoyed writing this as much as I enjoyed doing the concept of a skill based game to meeting people.

    I hope to see you again in the near future and when we do, dadalhin ka naming sa malayong lugar.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi June,

    Ihahatunlad ko na lang sa mga piyesa ng mahjong kung nagkataon para maraming characters. Apat man ang naglalaro pero each block has a distinct Chinese character that can suit each person in life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice description sir Jonathan. these guys have indeed nice personalities. nice meeting you sir

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Jeison,

    Thank you. I wanted to make one for the others I met like you but the meet was so brief I cannot make an honest post. It might only come as an impression. Nice meeting you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm... Meron po akong apat na princes! Hahaha.. San ka pa! Pero minsan po, nang-aagaw sila ng korona ng princess :( pero oks lang po, superlove ko po sila! Hihi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Usapang pag ibig po ba? kain na lang tayo o kaya kantahan nyahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Apat! Ang dami naman, sana may happily ever after yan. Kung agawan ka man ng korona, ikaw pa rin ang tunay. Have a great day Cher Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eh Rix, kung ikakain, hindi puso ang lulusog at kung ikakanta na lang, sasakit po ang mga lalamunan. Anyway, sana nga next time mas mahabang time for karaoke and dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bagay talaga kay arvin amg green *evil laugh*

    Sayang ndi kita nakita :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. nyahaha ganun po ba? sige kulang ako sa tulog tulog na lang jonathan hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  26. ewan ko, natutuwa ako sa mga eb na yan kahit di naman ako kasama. haha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sakit ng ulo ko sa pag-iisip ng comment para sa post na eto! Amazed ako sa pagkaka-relate sa Chinese checkers at sa pagkaka-describe sa mga naka-EB with the colors.

    I think this is one thing that I should learn more - writing in metaphor...

    It really feels good seeing you guys together and exchanging ideas, intellectual and casual talks outside the power of net.

    Good to see you back Jonathan and I hope you enjoyed your short stay. Dalasan mo ang uwi para makabasa ulet ako ng something ganito ha :)

    Btw, I love your new header - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Josh,

    Eh tinaguan mo ako eh. Anyway, maybe there is something going to be special like a trip together that's why hindi pa tayo nagkikita. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Rix,

    Oo nga, mahilig din ako sa tulog pero hindi ako makatulog pag ako ay malayo sa bahay ko. I didn't even get any good sleep when I was in Manila.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Olivr,

    Kung mahilig lang akong umakyat ng bundok eh di makakasama ninyo na ako eh hindi na kaya ng powers ko. Ang daming dapat tapusin during this winter break. Sana sa susunod wala nang mga aberya sa buhay so I can actually enjoy a break.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Ms. Balut,

    Bakit naman sumakit ulo mo? Akala ko sumakit siya kasi nga nagpahula pa ako kung sino ba ang mga bloggers na ito, siguro next time I will do that. But for now, just being grateful for meeting five great people.

    Thanks for the compliment. I try to make my postings and writings different in style all the time to challenge myself. Minsan wala nang maisip pero minsan naman sobrang dami I don't know how to end them.

    I was so busy during my short visit, what with the things at home, but I will make sure I get a decent one to meet you and the rest of those I admire in this blogging world.

    The new header is a panoramic shot of Toscana.

    ReplyDelete
  32. well glad to here that you're having fun meeting such precious blogger sir jonathan, looking forward to see you and fiel and rest some other time too

    ReplyDelete
  33. nyahaha siguro kasi namamahay ka na at nasanay ka na sa thailand :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi MeCoy,

    Just like Josh, there must be a reason why we have not met as of now. Darating din tayo diyan. Fiel and I wanted to see you and we talked about you. One day, punta tayo ng rizal or we can go visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. @ Rix,

    Totoo yan, hindi ako sanay nakikitulog o natutulog sa ibang bahay. Kailangan talaga kama ko. Nasanay na nga siguro, at dahil tahimik dito sa gabi, sarap lang matulog.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Whenever I read entries about bloggers' meeting nae-excite tuloy ako makilala kayong lahat.

    I really want to meet you all. Medyo sawa nako sa mga kasama ko lagi. hahaha!

    Natawa tuloy ako dun sa colour na ibinigay kay archieviner- green! hahaha! Lately ang landi kasi niya. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Tumpak ka diyan Mr. Tripster, green na green! I wanted to write in that line pero ginawa ko na lang nicer.

    Why dont you meet them, everyone is different but all special. I learned many things from meeting each. I hope I get to see you in Italia!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hahaha... Green is arvin!
    Mr.Trips, paguwi mo, dadalawin kita sa Laguna. Pwamis.. Hehe

    Cher Jo!!! Wala lang.. Hahaha.. Happy weekend..

    ReplyDelete