Thursday, February 27

Uthai Thani, Less Visited

Uthai Thani is located at the lower Northern part of Thailand and takes around three hours to reach. It is not of the famous provinces due to its lack of attractions but it is its pristine beauty unspoilt that draws the crowd. 

Wat Khao Wong

I had the opportunity to visit Wat Khao Wong which is a temple in a valley. The landscape is breath taking, as if I took step into a fantasy world. The temple is equally grand as it was exquisitely landscaped. It was built in 1987 and has a total area of 320,000 square metres. Surrounded with lush greenery because of the mountains and the forest, it is a beauty to behold. 

Wat Khao Wong was built almost entirely of wood donated by locals and has been transformed into a work of architecture retaining its natural qualities. I particularly liked the four storey structure because of its serene quality. My last look out of the imposing window gave me an opportunity to feel grateful for seeing and being there physically and spiritually.

When I think of home...


After some rest and packs of delicious papayas and watermelons, my last stop was Pu Wai Cave. The walk towards the cave's entrance was long even when the guard pointed out it is just some metres away. The signs along the way were blocked by tall grass and overgrown branches and not a single person was spotted.

One enters the cave from one side and exits on the side of the mountain and since we do not know that, we did the other way around. It was approximately 300 metres apart so we were walking in circles. 

This cave is famous for its stalactites and stalagmites and since it was so dark, without a guide to tell me which and where to look, we were lost, just like a blind leading a blind. There must be a lot of worth-seeing dripstones to look as they were all scattered in different places. I saw some that were quite prominent and I was taking photos in the dark, here and there.


Pu Wai Cave

one statue found at the entrance and another at the exit

Since I was taking photos here and there, I ended up shooting one very interesting formation and when I viewed them on my phone in my hotel, I laughed to see the last one. (and eventually remembered someone)

smaller pic for PG only
Just do not dwell on this smaller photo, it was just a shock-funny factor of my random photo shoot. Think of this last one instead. 



The mind is everything. What you think you become.

24 comments:

  1. napakaganda naman ng Wat Khao Wong na yan :) parang napaka pang-maharlika ng lugar hehe

    at mas magandang tignan yung mga stalactites at stalagmites, lalo na yung nasa maliit na picture hahaha :) kakaiba yang cave na yan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehhhhhhhhh mas lalo ko tuloy gusto pumunta ng Thailand huhuhu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waah, yung Wat Khao Wong parang yung mga temple lang na ginagamit sa mga fantasy films. Yung tipong maraming Monks sa loob na nagme-meditate then biglang may sasalakay na mga evil minions from underworld. Tapos sabay sabay na na gagawa ng impregnable defense barrier yung mga Monks... Oh diba, kung saan saan na napunta ang imahinasyon ko hihihi :D

    Ahaha, natawa ako dun sa small pic nung stalagmite. I know what you mean there sir Jonathan. naughty you *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ jep,

    Yan na yung bintana pic ko. Ang lalaki ng bintana at tanaw from the top the entire place. The forest is so green and the temple is huge. The weather was also good since it is surrounded by nature. One of the best I have seen. And what was in that small pic is not small, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Rix,

    Bakit may hu,hu? If you really want to see the best, then you need to stay for a longer time kasi nga less visited areas yan. Not in your usual travel itineraries. You will need to use a bus tour, that's day or overnight trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ fiel,

    Habang binabasa ko comment mo, flying monks were being imagined in my head. Movie na movie ang dating. But the thing is, iba ang feeling when you enter one especially this. Since it is so magnificent for me, the eerie feeling was replaced by a soothing one, being in a place revered by many.

    At sa naughty pic, sino naman ang naisip mo? Paki explain po.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you, nakapag free trip alo dyan.
    Kakatuwa ang mga formations talaga sa ganyan cave, you never know what you will find:)
    you made me laugh with that one:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. It's beautiful. I remember, I kind of felt unhappy when the island of Bohol became a prime tourist destination. I loved it when our island had less tourists and was less developed commercially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *hahaha* Napakagat-labi naman ako dun sa penultimate photo. *hihihi* At sino naman naisip mo Cher Jo? Pilyo ka rin pala huh. :P

    Nice place though. I hope it attracts more tourists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awts ahaha dapat pala mag LOA ako sa office para isang buwan ang bakasyon nyahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Ms. Joy,

    Sorry kung nagulat kayo hahaha but it was equally surprising when I saw how they were formed. You never know what you can capture in the dark.

    Good to see you back and will be reading your adventures back home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Lili,

    Bohol is beautiful when I went there and with the abundance of jobs because it became accessible to tourists, the economy became better. Of course, the degradation of pristine land is ongoing and this is everywhere around the world. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Geosef,

    Eto yung nabanggit ko before, eh sino pa nga ba? Naughty, yes naughty po ako. I have many faces and I am also the same as everyone. Sometimes bad but mostly good!

    I doubt na maraming bibisita kasi kaunti lang ang attractions. But worth the visit if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Rix,

    Mayaman!, close friend na kita! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nyahaha hindi ako nakakariwasa lolz.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello sir jontahan na tumtravel blogger ang peg hihihi :) mishew sir

    ReplyDelete
  17. pag nabisita kita jan sa Thailand, please take me there! grabe! pang-shala!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Rix,

    Ok lang, friends pa rin tayo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Josh,

    Sayang kasi the places I had visited if I will not put them in my digital diary. I did not post previous visits to many places since I thought sharing them would mean, yabang. But this blog is mine so I ended up posting the most recents. Are you coming too?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Senyor,

    Hmm, medyo malayo but just make sure it is a long weekend or a vacation time for me so I can go with you. My job entails a lot of documentations and no work, no pay ako. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. "Less visited" places are actually my fave subject. I want to be the person who tells people about what is it in these places.

    THANKS for sharing at medyo exciting yata etong adventure mo. Imagine you're exploring a place that upon your arrival not a single person is seen?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ms. Balut,

    Exciting yes, but the fact that when one is lost and you have no one to ask is already daunting.

    I didn't add that we were walking for some time when we ended in an open cave with a nun at the entrance. It was eerie because she summoned us to sit and then spoke about the dying use of herbal medicine. I thought she was there to speak about the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL at that PG pic hahahaha
    Anyway, I love t go to Thailand someday.Btw, did you go to Thailand,to travel only? or????

    love lots,
    Tin


    mypoeticislation.blogspot.ocm

    ReplyDelete
  24. I live here and studied here and work here. I came through a job offer and had stayed since then.

    ReplyDelete