Thursday, November 20

As I Read, I Learn, I Treasure


Since it was a very quiet evening sitting at the terrace where only the lights of a few houses can be seen, I made some reflections that of my blog and of the people who visited, stayed, and left.

I had been writing for more than seven years now, with an extensive range of topics from personal experiences to teachings, as well as my hobbies of gardening and painting. It also includes my travels around Thailand and to other parts of the world. I started with no readers at all and had for a number of years three people I exchanged comments with: Poi, Jasper, and Lucas.  Of the three, only Poi became a friend of mine where I also witnessed how he evolved as a writer and how he stopped because of personal reasons.

It was only last year when I pique my curiosity and visited other blogs and become braver in cyberspace. I learned how to surf other blogs and ended making comments to some chosen few. It was in the summer of July when I decided to meet the people behind those blogs. I went out of my way to meet six incredible people: Senyor, Ms. Balut, Ambot, Asiong, Jessica, and Cher Kat. It was one of the highlights for myself as a blogger. Meeting six people in ten days from five different places completed my summer holiday in the Philippines. 

From thereon, I came upon other blogs through theirs and stumbled upon more interesting individuals: Fiel, Rix, Josh, Sep, Mark, Jeison, Jay,  Arvin, Kristine, Joy, Mar, MeCoy, Pao, Tripster, Ric, Lili, Simon, Winzton, Jep, Ron, Rajiv, Oliver, Anne, Jobo, Ishmael, Mots, Aian, and others.  And of these list of people, only a handful continued to write their stories. I witnessed as they left their passion for other pursuits and made their blog homes unattended. I did miss some of them because of their spontaneity and all I can do is to wait for their return. 

After 654 entries and 3443 comments, my life as a blogger had changed for the better. I learned how to be open minded, how to be more creative, how to read between the lines, how to effectively communicate, how to listen by reading, and mostly, how to appreciate the visitors' efforts giving some minutes of their lives to read my postings.

I made friends and acquaintances. Though a handful stayed and most left, I remain humble because of their presence and their visits. I continue to write for my expressions, my narratives, my experiences, my stories, and my passions.

I am thankful to those who visited, read, and left words in my postings. May you continue to give sunshine as I learn from all your writings. 

The names in bold print are those I had met personally. All different individuals with equal talents in writing. I miss most of them and I do miss their postings. 

27 comments:

  1. Hi, Jon! Thank you too. Your post are always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is such a unique experience. We are quite lucky to be bloggers, Cher Jo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang dami mo na nai-post sir Jo, sana umabot din ako sa ganyang bilang :)

    More power sa ating lahat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..I guess the connection that we made with other bloggers made it a worthwhile experience. As I've been blogging I guess it's safe for me to say that it has helped grow as an individual too :) It's nice to see you in the blogosphere Sir! Your posts really inspired me a lot :)I hope we could also meet some day chos!


    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ms. Lili,

    Your presence is always welcome as I look forward reading your posts and looking at the beautiful photographs in your blog. I thank you for your kindness and I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sep,

    Yours is a different one from the rest that I follow because of the way you write your thoughts, so brave and so honest. I wish I could have the same intensity when you write but I guess I will just be a visitor, peeking at your life through your blog. Let me remind you that I admire the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jep,

    There are many audience but there are very few who stay. I guess our writings are there to remind us that we want to share our stories to others and in doing so, we try to write when we have the time. Good luck to more postings and sama mo kami sa iyong mga adventures through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Cristine,

    I am already thinking of doing part 2 of my bloggers' meet and this time to include you in my itinerary. I guess I learn so much that's why I go and read other blogs as well. If they do stay in my house, I also want to visit theirs. My blog is to document my life stories and if I make friends along the way, it's a bonus! Thank you for the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the mention... i didn't know what happened pero parang I lost u... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. wwaaww sir jo! hindi ko alam ano ba ang qualifications to be blogger (syempre dapat may blog eh nganga ako! hahaha) but sa dami ng post mo at consistency sa pagbblog abah eh way to be certified! hehehe ur one of those i have heard na ina-admired na blogger, reading this entry-ito talaga mga buhay natin i mean a part of it ano? hehehe ang saya lang kapag nameet natin yong mga tao personally behind sa mga binabasa natin. everything then is so real! chos! hahaha hope to hear from u so soon sir jo! ayoko na ulet pahabain ito dahil baka maging blog ko na blog mo! hahahaha echus lang! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mabuhay ang mga bloggers. hehehehe. kudos to those who stick to blogging as supposed to forgetting it and moving to micro blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Christian,

    You're welcome. Nawala ka na nga rin sa blogging. Continue to write, sayang the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lalah,

    Aba may naligaw, mindanao! Hindi ko naisip na I will be able to meet some of the bloggers I mentioned but I did and it was different. Nagiba ang pananaw at paniniwala sa aking kakayahang sumulat at makipag kaibigan. Sana nga mapunta ako diyan sa inyo at mari ig ko naman ang lalah bells, as in lakas ng kalembang!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Japanese Adobo,

    I wrote your name as Ron based on your blog but if this is not right, so sorry. Will just call you JA instead. Cheers to blogging and to those who continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ☺ and Im thankful to meet you as well. Its a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kuyaaaa ... Aian as in ako bang Aian yun? haha nakakangiti naman :))

    One of my dreams ko dinn mameet fellow bloggers ko, sana talaga sana soon... lagi kasi nauudlot huhu :(

    I remember I started blogging when I was 2nd year highschool... nag blog lang ako para sa journal na pinapagawa samin sa school kasi ang tamad ko magsulat so para iprint ko na lang at the end of te month... ang dami na ring nakilala na bloggers, naka followan sa kung saan saan(twitter, etc)... tapos isang araw magugulat ka na lang dahil di na kayo nakakapag usap di ka na niya finofollow.. nangyari na yun twice sakin... ang lungkot kasi I consider them na parang close ko... anyway, na share ko haha ... feelsss

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pahabol... kung pede lang ako mag post kahit thrice a week :(( but it's quite impossible for now, di ko madala laptop ko sa apartmnt na pinagstayan ko every weekdays

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, beautiful post :)
    Thanks for mentioning my name too.
    I like your posts and is a follower of your awesome blog.
    Best of luck and happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! Special mention ako. :-)

    Thank you very much. I enjoy reading your posts and I know that you will continue in posting more interesting things.

    Sayang lang talaga at hindi tayo nakapag-meet noong nasa Thailand pa ako.

    Salamat sa iyong madalas na pagbisita. Isa ka sa tatlo o apat na masipag mag-comment sa blog ko.

    ReplyDelete
  20. at andito ulet ako bumibisita! hahaha all the way from mindanao!! wwoooottt!! giling giling! tambling tambling din! hahaha saya nga nong pumunta dito si kat eh kulang na kulang yong time and i've heard a lot of good things sayo! & im dying to meet u too! (bang-bang-bang-deads hahaha) sulat kana ulet sir jo, back read ako slight hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Aian,

    Same story here. Sometimes when we expect that people will stay they won't. They are also strangers just like us so to have an expectations that people will come and visit all the time becomes frustrating.

    I wish you luck in your writings and hopeful one day will meet. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mr. Rajiv,

    The more I read your post, the more I am enticed to visit Kerala since I also have a good friend who lives there. One day I hope to meet you and we'll have great discussions about travels and life.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Ish,

    Oo nga at hindi tayo nag meet here. Hayaan mo, if every you wanted to visit Thailand again with your wife, then we'll meet that time. There are many nice things about friendship and although we do not know each other, we connect through our writings and thoughts. Marvellous day to you mate!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Lalah,

    Marami na akong pending posts but I am waiting for some people to comment. Para sa kanila kasi yung blog post na ito but I do not hear or see them here.
    (though I saw them visiting other blogs religiously)

    But not to expect, my blog is for myself and not for others. Sayang nag lang yung time investing for something futile. Keri lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! Thanks for mentioning me! I missed reading your post because you inpired me a lot. I hope I can follow you by post, but you don't have an icon for that and your blogspost are not updating in my feeds:(

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you as well for the visits. As I enjoy writing, I also look forward for yours and other views.

    ReplyDelete