Wednesday, September 23

Adenium and Me

It has been raining everyday and with all the gloomy skies and wetness, not a soul of despair permeated in my being.  I love the rain and the coldness it brings.  It has a certain enigma attached to the pitter patter of the rain on my roof albeit noisy because of the roof material.  The wetness glimmers on the pavement as I look outside the window. It looks like the sky is creating a mirror to reflect upon its shape.

But all things are not good as the sun shines this morning.  Armed with a broomstick to clear the brown leaves that had fallen from the branches, I looked around and saw something saddening.  My collection of Adenium have their leaves dropping.  The leaves are black as well as some of the smaller tips of the plants.  I know the culprit, it is the rain.

As we all know that plants need water or rain but not in all cases.  My life is like how the weather changed the Adenium in my garden.  My struggles in life has been hammering me down the ground.  In as much as I rise up against odds, I find myself back on the ground feeling hopeless.  Then I resort to being busy, which is also not so good for my health.  I also started drinking around three cups of coffee each day and then pushing myself to be sleepy around nine in the evening.

It is an unhealthy lifestyle, as much as the rain have caused havoc in my garden. My health is failing as evident by my weekend fever.  As I look at the plants that once coloured the landscape of my abode, I resolved to put a solution to these erratic changes.  And as I reflect on what I have been doing recently, I resolve to change a few things in my life.

I wanted a flowering garden once again in as much as I wanted the happy Jonathan I was before.

Some of my Adenium collection.

12 comments:

  1. Buti na aaccess na ulit ang page mo. I was trying to back read kaso nag deactivate ka ata ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, oks lang Mr. Rix, back again and ready to add more stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the rainy season the most... mas narerelax ako .. yung tipong nandun ka lang nakatinging sa bintana tapos nagkakape.. it's always been an ideal moment for me...
    sorry to hear about your Adenium and also about the struggles you have but I'm sure you can overcome them and everything will fall back into place ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care, Jon! Sending prayers for a better and happy you! I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Blue,

    My struggles are well managed when I write about them. I am usually faced with challenges and then i deal with them. Once I feel ok, then I write about it with something like a lesson learned. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lili,

    I am also hoping for a much better me. Just like the song, I will survive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the happy Jonathan as well... Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worry not Ms. Balut, it's going to be back. Thanks for this comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're ok now. Ingat lagi...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just like the plants, may dormant period and then blossoms again. Thanks Ambot, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We cant help but be aware of ourselves losing the grip at times and the things that cause it.

    Changes are hard, pero yun nga, ikaw pa ba cher jo, with so many things youve experienced before, this is nothing new. It's a phase and I do look forward to seeing the happy Jonathan once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Cher Kat,

    Thank you for always dropping by or sending me an e-mail to cheer me up. I will be fine as long as I dwell on things that are negative in a deeper way. I need all the positivity in life.

    ReplyDelete