Thursday, September 3

Remembering Them

Though the colour of the leaf changed,
the shape was still intact. Heart forever!
During these few days when I was bored to death, I happened to stumble on a programme through YouTube which is called Undercover Boss. Watching each episode brought tears to my eyes because of the generosity of the employers toward the most loyal workers and hardworking ones.  I was wishing that my employer will also do the same, if not of any monetary help, but of a personal encouragement and gratitude for every great year of teaching.

Anyway, I am then writing a handful of great things that happened to me since I was much younger so as to celebrate the generosity and support of the many people around me, still present or long gone but always remembered.

The generosity of friends - When my mum passed away, my friends were there not only as a support but also to help carry the burden of the expenses.  Then, when my dad passed away two years after, the financial help I got from all of my friends was exceedingly generous.

The magnanimity of others - When I got hospitalized and then recuperated at home, there was a daily supply of food from breakfast to dinner for a week until I was able to go back to work.  The doorbell rang everyday and there was something hanging on the gate of the house.  There was also a mum who came in with a large pot of soup for me to eat. They were exceedingly helpful.

The compassion of people - And there were also emotional support from friends such as my conversation with an Italian friend inside her car; when I opened my soul to a Singaporean buddy; when I stayed over in the house of a Malaysian pal while I was in Kuala Lumpur; when I spoke about my school's dilemma with a French teacher; when I am constantly being guided by a high school buddy in Manila, and when I cried on the phone talking with my good friend in Australia.

The absence of individuals - I will never forget my best friend from the US whose death gave me sorrow.  She was the penultimate in giving support both emotionally and socially.  Also, I will never forget how my beloved friend invited me over for their church service and later becoming my closest. His presence at the wake of my dad was priceless.

I couldn't thank them enough because no words are best fitted for their help. However, I am still writing them here not only to remember them but also to celebrate their friendships and memories.

10 comments:

  1. I'm speechless. And guilty as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why speechless and guilty? I read from someone's profile that we should be grateful of everyday things and even the small ones. I am grateful for your presence and your friendship. I will see you soon and give you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really beautiful thought inspired from a really beautiful photograph Sir. I am happy that even though you lose some, you gain some. Greatness and happiness really do come in so many places!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to remember the best people who gave me courage, wisdom, care, love and sincere appreciation. A few of the blogger friends I have met and would like to meet, including you, helped me find my true self. That my words are inspiring and that my sharing bring forth realizations in your part. Much appreciated Cristine, for the effort to connect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's true, we have to live a life gratefulness :)

    Remembering the people who touched our lives and expressing appreciation brings joy and makes you really say, "im grateful, theyre my friends."

    ReplyDelete
  6. A life of gratefulness, full of gratitude. For every small things appreciated comes happiness from the faces of the people around. As we become busier and busier, we become forgetful of what we have and what we receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing Jon. It is our pleasure to be there for you in times of both sorrow and joy. And be rest assured we will always be there for each other until we are grey. Thats what friends are for ! Likewise, we are grateful to be your friends. - EWM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks EWM! Do you know that part of this blog opening again was because of our talk on the phone. When I fell down from walking or running in life, I stood up because I know there was no one around me. This reminds me of my hospital visits, accidents and operations. However, when I stood up and started to walk again, the words of friends from all around strengthen me to keep on walking, keep on running, keep on fighting.

    I just want to say my appreciation if I cannot do them personally. Since this is my digital diary, it becomes a mark imprinted that can be revisited many, many times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with everything EWM said. Just remember when you're feeling down or whenever you need to talk, we will always be there to listen. "D"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello D, first time eh and this first time, the words are over powering. I will always remember the support and the encouragement since we were in HS and that long journey until now will be life's shield to more challenges. Reminding myself that I am not alone but that my friends will always be there. Sending hugs to everyone!

    ReplyDelete