Saturday, January 23

Birthday Feast

I intend not to celebrate my birthday in the evening but a group of friends urged me to get out of the house and partey! Since it's gonna be a boring night, I went out and had a simple feast.  Allow me to introduce the meals. 


Phat Pak Meow Mu Krop
This is a perennial favourite and I do ask for this everywhere I go. There will always be two of the same kind ordered as one goes with chillies while mine has none. 



Plah Thot
Nam Chim
I do like my fish steamed but Thai people prefer fried ones so they win, one against many. This is also a winner as the taste is exquisite less the oiliness you have in fried food. 



Poo Ob Woon Sen
The Chinese are fond of this dish called Crabs with Glass Noodles in claypot and the Thais have adapted this cuisine by adding some local touch to it such as the use of crab claws or whole crabs cut into serving pieces. 



Kung Phao
No seafood restaurant is without prawns and while others like them mixed in food, mine is just the fired ones.  Though seafood breed is the best, the one from freshwater is also of a good kind.




Tua Mai Thot
Okay, I do not indulge in eating creepy crawlies but they do.  This dish called Fried Silkworms is an appetizer eaten as a snack while drinking alcohol.  My friends urge me to taste one or two but they all get a smile from me. I take care of bugs in my garden, not eat them!



Tom Yum Talae 
One famous dish in Thailand is this Spicy Seafood Soup that can be prepared with shrimps alone, or with fish, or a combination of seafood.  It has a lovely taste as long as there are no spices.  For Thais though, the dish is bland so they added chilies afterwards.



Kung Thot
Not really a bestseller for me but the child in the group wants something with mayonnaise thus these Deep-Fried Battered Shrimps

Our tummies are full and there is no longer any space to fill it up.  And though the night is still young, the grandfather in me is telling everyone that it is time to go.  I do not intend to spend the night eating but ended up feasting.  While the stomach is full, the wallet is empty. Nah, just joking as the whole caboodle is worth less than 65 USD for 8 people. 

A feast worthy for a king, and that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment