Friday, January 15

Crossing the Mekong River

Exploring a new city brings wonderful discoveries and this time, the alluring Mekong River that borders two countries, Thailand and Laos.  I was a stone throw away from Laos but because I didn't bring my passport with me, I cannot access the border of which I could stay for three days and two nights in Luang Prabang. A big boo-boo on my part.

Anyway, I opted to ride a motorized boat to see the scenery of both sides of Thailand and Laos through the river.  Both lush and green in nature, the one hour ride is a glimpse of how beautiful the place is and how spectacular nature projects on photos. 



The beauty of the mountain range along Laos.



The pier to where to take the boat.



A view from the top.


The mountains and the clouds are truly elegant.



The ranges from Thailand side.



A sole temple standing along Laos soil.



Some houses that oversees the river along Laos.



The row of stores and houses along the Thailand side.

God provides for all.  It is not that one country has less than the other but it is how we discover the richness and wealth of each land and use them accordingly.  An hour ride gave me a glimpse of how awesome two countries are and telling me to further seek other places through traveling. My journey doesn't end, it is just starting. 



11 comments:

  1. ang masasabi ko lang

    Honggondo ng place ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sir Jo!

    Ang ganda ng Mekong River parang nasa Ilog Pasig lang, pero syempre mas malinis itong Mekong :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do we have easy access to Laos and Thailand? I mean kailangan pa ba ng visa?

    Interesting boat ride by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just had a very wonderful experience Sir! uy before I only heard the Mekong River in my history books! so glad to be able to hear it from you Sir! someday, I hope to explore more countries just like you Sir!
    Your thoughts are always inspiring Sir! :)

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ganda! Lalo na yung mga ulap :)
    Nababasa ko lang dati sa history book yang Mekong River :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bro, this is excellent...
    Awesome pictures...
    Have a nice weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Rix,

    Ang masasabi ko lang, oo nga at salamat much!

    @ Fiel,

    Ikinumpara sa Pasig, sino kaya ang aalma, si Mekong o si Pasig?

    @ Mr. Tripster,

    No need for a visa. If coming from Thailand, you can stay for three days or you can do a one day visit.

    @ Cristine,

    There is a time for everything. I may have been to many places but I still have to accomplish other things. Traveling will come your way.

    @ Jep,

    Studious, naalala ang history books, ha,ha,ha!

    @ Rajiv,

    Thank you. I do love the photos and learned that you need to take them at noon as it has the best light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ang ganda naman ng mga shots Sir Jo
    within one hour nakabisita ka na sa two countries agad
    thanks for the tour ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. sayang di mo dala ang passport mo :) ibig sabihin, babalik ka pa jan! Hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been my dream to visit Laos too. A friend told me I might not like it because they have nothing to please me. Oh dear, what a statement.
    Sometimes I went to a Laotian masseur who came to work illegally here and his services are fabulous and the best. He proudly boasted that it was Laotian style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There you are TM, I need to find someone Laotian because I am already bored of Thai massage, ha,ha,ha. Anyway, there is always something to do in a new place. There is always something to experience and learn. So go!

    ReplyDelete