Saturday, July 23

The Lost Message

It's been a year but sometimes I still think that the closure I made with my dad wasn't enough.  I still cry when I think of him and I still get angry when I remember some of the things that happened between me and my father. 

Since I am doing some cleaning at home, I stumbled upon an envelope sent by my sister some years ago regarding some health policies.  Since I am shredding unnecessary documents at this time, I took a special look as to its content. There was a small note that fell from the pile and it was from my father.  I do not even recall reading it as I didn't need the policies sent to me. 

I rushed myself in the hospital for a needed operation some years ago.  All alone, with just two bags, it was one of my heart wrenching moment. I survived and without much assistance from anyone. And through all these years, not knowing of this lost message. 


Dear John,

When I heard about your situation, I told your sister to go to Thailand immediately.  Don't worry about expenses.  I am ready to produce 150K in pesos because she told me about your situation.  I even told your brother and his wife to get ready to go there because your sister is busy with her classes.  

I'm willing to go there but my passport and papers are very difficult to get.

John, I am very sorry I cannot get in touch with you immediately.

Thanks,
Papa




No comments:

Post a Comment