Saturday, July 9

Getting to Know You 11

11th of a series, enjoy!

Genius talking.
Me: What's the long form of TV?
Students: Television!
Student 1: What's the long form of No?
Me: What?
Student 1: November full moon shine, Loy Krathong, Loy Krathong!


credits: www.seaboardbungalow.com


Me eavesdropping.
Girl Student: Will you marry me?
Boy Student: Yes, I will.
Girl Student: I decorated a chair and he told me it is beautiful. You know, we can marry and kiss each other. I will have a ring and you have one.
(Ahh, time is very different now!)


credits: www.confettidaydreams.com


One student behaving badly.
Student : If you are a bad person, you will be kicked out of your home and you get to live outside.  You'll be homeless!




credits: www.freeimages.com



One student leaving the country.

Me: Are you going to miss your friend?
Student: No, we can always FaceTime each other.


credits: www.getappsonpc.com




Working it out between two people.
Student: When two people cannot marry each other, they can be BFF.


credits: www.theodysseyonline.com



They know me well. 

While reading a sad book about death, I was about to cry when all of a sudden a girl child started saying to her friends.
Student: He is going to cry, he is going to cry...


credits: www.bustle.com


Who ordered pizza?
Me: Could you please help me fold a paper boat.
Assistant:  Sorry, but I am not good in oregano. 
Me: Hah?!?


credits: en.wikipedia.org


 Have a wonderful day everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Hello,Jonathan,
    You are always surrounded by young students who have genius ideas too!
    Hope you have a good new wee!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Tomoko.I am fortunate to have them as students too. They are lively and filled with great ideas. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sir Jo! I love this getting to know chronicles. Nakakatuwa! :)
    I would love to write stories about things I hear at my workplace too! (teka, parang may mali)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sir Froi, Do so like Marineros Talk, mga nakakabaliw na usaping dagat. Will look forward in reading them.

      Delete
  3. I like that student who was looking at you while you were about to cry.... Hahahaha... So mean...

    And the oregano pls. I'd like to know how to do that too. Teach me. LELS.

    #trollmodeon

    Arrghh... But still, kids say the craziest things in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That child is one of the smartest I have met in my teaching career and I love her.

    You could be an expert coz you are learning the language as well as the culture, mind teaching me some oregano folds?

    Yes, and when they say them, they can come across as rude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most students today are brilliant and scary sometimes! They often know much more than us and yet innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello TM,

    Yes, I do not know what to expect and sometimes, I get surprised by their answers too. Also, I need to be careful because some students do take jokes seriously. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete