Monday, July 23

Flying (July 14, 2007)


One of the many plus points of being independent is the chance to visit different places and countries around the globe. My travels to Europe and Asia are some of the highlights of my life. Though I travel three to four times a year, I still dread taking airplanes. Two hours or eight hours of flight are no different to me. Airsickness is my name.

I had an anecdote about one flight I took many years ago. Since I fear being sick, I always make it a point to bring some medication and take one, half an hour before boarding a plane. So I pop one in my mouth, drank some water and got ready to line up. All of a sudden, I heard, "Ladies and Gentlemen, the flight will be delayed for an hour and a half. Please remain seated for the new boarding announcement."

Half an hour later, I was so drowsy at the departure area I wanted to sleep. Many hours later, I was on the plane's lavatory throwing up while the plane was literally landing. I can hear the flight attendat knocking and blurting out, "We're landing. Hold on tight. Are you alright sir?" I wanted to shout, "Leave me alone!!!!" I arrived safely while inside the lavatory.

Still I enjoy exploring new places, seeing different cultures, and meeting good people. I am leaving again this month to two countries. I might encounter another boo-boo or another heart racing adventure. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment