Tuesday, July 10

Lighthouse (July 09, 2007)


I am always fascinated by lighthouses. I thought of them as guardians of the seas. I like the way they shine forth their lights and illuminates the horizon at night. They are towers with certain purposes. Their powerful flashing lights show ships where to go and warn them of dangers.

In our daily living, we are confronted with many problems and trials. Some can be dealt on our own but some are just too difficult to handle. So we resort to other things, or someone else, or to prayers.

One of the lighthouses of my life is my aunt (from the father's side). She is an inspiration. She gives the most valuable lessons. She gives real love. Another lighthouse of my life is my sister. Though stubborn at times, she is a great motivator. She is a fighter and an honest commentator. But the sturdiest lighthouse of my life is Our Creator. He is the source of my strength. He is my Saviour.

1 comment:

  1. When we love, we love with all our hearts and we look forward that they have steered well to where they are going. Well armed to conquer the world and inspite of all the odds that may cross their way, they will end up standing tall. And each time they fall, our LORD is always there to hold them up.

    ReplyDelete