Wednesday, June 25

I Want A Dog (June 25, 2008)


This is a story written by Dayal Khalsa about a girl named May who wanted to have a dog of her own. She had been convincing her parents to buy her one with all the right reasons but her parents refused to do so. She discovered how roller skates can be used to practice walking a dog so she tied the roller skate with a string as a leash. And so goes the story.

May is a very determined girl. There was a line from the book that says, “She was disappointed but not discouraged.” She would make mention of a famous line as well, “Try and try again.”

I am not like May. I always surrender in many ways. I am always offered things to accomplish but I didn’t have the courage to continue with the task. I am always asked to make a project but I always decline because it is out of my comfort zone. I even beg off from doing things I like and will enjoy just because I accepted defeat to push further.

May’s determination is something to follow. If I can have her guts and will, then I see myself farther and better from where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment