Saturday, June 7

A Great Person (June 07, 2008)


There will always be one teacher or two who will have a great influence in me. In my many years of teaching I get to meet many great people who had either influenced my thoughts and beliefs in teaching towards the positive and those who had moved me to become better every year.

One particular teacher this school year gave me the opportunity to open up my thoughts as she was willing to listen. Since I am always working on my own (due to the small class size), I never had the chance to co-teach with someone. And there she was, always present and willing to extend help and support. And I learned many things just with our short conversations and my observations of her dealings with children.

Yesterday was also her last day in school as she moves back to her home country. She will be dearly missed and I am thankful for I was able to meet and know a great teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment