Sunday, September 6

Missing You

Having friends is probably one reason why we enjoy life. Having them around is good and having none is indeed sad.

When I was growing up, academic excellence ranked first before anything else. It was home-school-home cramming homeworks, reading materials, and learning a handful of languages. There was no play overs, sleep overs, recreational trips with classmates or cinema visitations. If ever, I had done them without letting my parents know.


I cannot recall any close friends when I was five years of age. But there is this wonderful child I am teaching right now who always show her strong bond to another girl ( a former student of mine as well) by constantly telling me stories about the two of them, writing messages or drawing pictures for exchange. Since last month, I had been hearing my student talk about her friend who left for America.
"I miss my friend." "She's my best friend ever." "I wish she is here with me."

I would like to say the same thing to my family and friends though I may not be as vocal as my five year old student. Though distance is a hurdle and time had been our enemies, my good old friends are always remembered.


Artwork by Keena for her friend Pleng.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit Nash and yes, very sweet indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copied from an e-mail message:

    It made me cry! Thank u for writing this wonderful story. I would read to her as well, u r such a nice teacher..Pleng was so lucky that she had u as her teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hays... it seems to me that as we grow older, time collapses on itself.

    i'm so busy right now. basically, i have no social life right now (well except for mine here in this virtual sphere). i feel guilty sometimes not being able to reach out. hays...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucas,

    My blog entries are interconnected and I don't want you to end like me. Seize the opportunities and make new friends everyday. Never be a coward to love and embrace life to the fullest. So when you add more years to your existence, you won't be writing with regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friends are in the US too. sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, KJ, the only thing we can do right now is to sigh, I miss them dearly.

    ReplyDelete