Tuesday, June 15

To Cut a Rose

Given to me by my housekeeper, the rose was neglected as it was overpowered by the surrounding plants. So when I started clearing the space, I found this rose plant and nurtured it again. The plant is now bigger and flowering continuosly for months now.

Now, it is known that once a rose wither and turn brown, it is time to cut the withered part so that new stems may grow. Now, I do this religiously because I have taken for granted a beauty that had been growing in my garden for two years.

During my quiet moments, I suddenly realized that there had been many instances in my life that I had neglected and cut off my ties with people that cares for me and that I care. Busy? No, but it was the mere fatigue and stress of everyday living that rots me away. This is a realization and a wake up call. I am being selfish.

Though roses have thorns, the roses in my life had been always there in good times and bad times. My friends had made promises to support me wherever and whenever I needed them. They are always around and I do feel their presence though sometimes, I simply care less.

My roses in life continue to bloom around so I am thankful for their continued assistance. Thank you once again for being there: family, friends, colleagues, students, and parents.

3 comments:

  1. Oh em gee Mr athan! U really know how to relate your garden to ur life... Must be a relaxing place to be?

    There were people that I lost coz I neglected their presence. I thought they'd be there for eternity... But not everyone has the patience to stay, rite? sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am changing the look of the garden as the weather had been very erratic. In a way, I am changing my outlook as well about many things.

    I miss those people I lost but there is no point of regretting. I just need to learn from those experiences. Yes, not everyone has the patience....

    ReplyDelete