Tuesday, August 7

One By One (July 26, 2007)


After an exhausting but fruitful trip to Beijing, I realized that I am not getting any younger. My walk at the Summer Palace was the culmination of a realization that I am no longer in my best form. I went in the North Gate and traversed the entire ground going up and down numerous steps and walkways to admire the beauty of the Palace. It was a beautiful work of art showcasing the marvelous ingenuity of the Chinese people. I was drawn by the immensity of the ground. It was spectacular in scope and in its entity. It has a character of its own.

As I was standing admiring the man made lake at the Southern gate, I remembered that I made an appointment for lunch so I hurriedly went back where I entered. This was the biggest challenge. It was painfully tiring for my weak knees. While on the bus going back, I told myself that I have to do most of my travelling now that I am still strong. I will, one by one, explore the many places within these coming years so as to make myself a much fulfilled person.

No comments:

Post a Comment