Wednesday, September 29

Mean Me

During lunch time, the teachers were chatting about many things. While included in the conversation, it came up, maybe meant as a joke, that I am mean. I was surprised not because it was brought up but because I hear the same thing from the same person for many times now.



I thought of it as a passing joke because I am the only male person in a female dominated school. I thought that a remark like this was meant as a springboard for more jokes. I thought of it as a teasing thing. But today when I heard it again, I am thinking that it might be true.



Right now the only possible explanation I can find is, my transparency towards many things. People know when I am sad or angry. People know if I just finished crying or in a happy disposition. I couldn’t sugar coat my words. I must be very good at describing unpleasant situations thus I am branded as a mean person.



I am writing this so as not to defend myself of which I could actually do since this is my blog. I am writing this so as to remind me that my transparency as a person had done great things for me. I am real without the same nicey-nicey smiles you get but able to stab others incessantly. I am true to others unlike those who remind you they are your friends but are nowhere to be found. It’s me, take it or leave it.



My point is, if I am mean just like what this person is claiming, how come I hear many mean things about this person? Hmmm...need not explain.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I always get the same remark Jo. Even though I am aware of what people say about me being mean/strict looking I didn't bother that much until my first crush told me after I shared a joke "oh,I thought you were so mean" it strike me as a lightning.
    I do not know why but people thinks the same :( my friends even said they do not want to greet me or make friends with me at first coz they thought I'm not capable of smiling and I dislike them. ugh

    ReplyDelete