Saturday, February 26

Moments

There are many rich moments captured as I deal with children and their spontaneity. As the day progresses, from the first smiles to the goodbyes, the small events become bonding moments. Each day could be captured in small moments and each learning encompasses a wide spectrum of interests. Seizing those real meanings become priceless.

As a teacher, I do project stories as a springboard for my lessons. My project stories had simply evolved throughout the years, based on the differing interests and levels of enthusiasms manifested by different sets of children. From pond life to communication and to movement, the stories become building stones of learning and of new knowledge not only in the part of the children but also to me as an educator.

To encapsulate the moments of learning inspires me to do better when I could be. It inspires me to work when I see delightful faces and sense of wonder from the young children I am involved with. It inspires me to make changes and accept mistakes and failures. It inspires me to teach and to be a better person. It makes me grow.

I simply adore putting into one documentation board a moment that plays an important part to a child's discovery and exploration of something relevant. My struggle is to make some people see that the product of this endevour is to document and not to show off my skills not only in making boards but in making a child's learning open for re-visitation. I am inspired so it shows in my work. However, there are some who simply wish to pull me down and I am affected. Rather than be encouraged, I am downright mocked.

I will still do my duty because I enjoy doing good things for myself and for the young children that I teach. No one man could stop me from doing what I am good at, or great at, and that is to teach. It's my moment and I need to embrace it.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes I wanna write something like this,you know about love.. but I always end up having nothing to write at all. I guess it takes a lot of inspiration to do so.and yes, I have said it a lot of times that this is where you are good at.. so keep doing it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the wonderful comment. I try to write as much as I can because I wanted to leave something behind.

    Yes, we need to be inspired in order to write because our feelings are better felt when we write from our heart.

    I cannot write anything much about love, but try to do so, and I know you could. I like your narratives, and the way you make any ordinary situation worth special.

    ReplyDelete