Sunday, March 20

Kanchanaburi's Prasat Muang Sing Historical Park

A bit late of a post but worth mentioning.  One of the most important finds in Kanchanaburi along the Kwai Noi basin is an ancient city site named Muang Sing.

The entire site was initially renovated in 1974 and was opened to the public in 1987.  The remaining structure found in the middle of this 640 rai of land is the Prasat Muang Sing.

Remnants of the Wall
Other lesser monuments can be found which are estimated to be built around the 13th century.  

Me, the entrance and the Radiating Bodhisatva Avalokitesavara
A short walk is a platform that used to be part of the three lesser monuments.

Part of the Historical Park
And found along the vicinity are some of the stone sculptures, awesome! The important discoveries made near the ancient city remains include prehistoric human skeletons together with metal tools, vessels and ornaments; brick bases of the Dvaravati period architecture; and the laterite ruins of the 13th century. (source: thai-tour.com)

Pedestal of Idols
The fascinating walls where I get to take a photo of, no people!

The Back Entrance
Featured in my blog posts would always a part and parcel of any huge park, trees!

Trees galore!
Finally, the one that really impressed me, the toilets!

Restrooms 
Kanchanaburi's Prasat Muang Sing Historical Park has become a proud cultural heritage site, serving as an educational source as well as an interesting tourist attraction in the region.  

Amazing Thailand!

18 comments:

  1. No need for a professional camera, these are amazing as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! As amazing as the photographer, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Historical Park would attract me!

    Kanchanaburi is so interesting and not just a Death Railway as I have thought. If my wife sees this blog post, she will whine again that I have delayed a trip to Kanchanaburi since 10 years ago! I have been telling her that visiting Bangkok these days is not cheap anymore when we look at the air tickets, hotels and etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not aware of how much hotels cost but I know that there is a double priced policy in here so you will be paying twice than locals. This park is small but there are many other interesting places to visit if ever you decide to go to Kanchanaburi. Staying there would also be a good thing as the weather and ambience in the countryside are far better than in the city. Bangkok is scorching hot right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts like this makes me feel I have travelled to that historical place. i still need to take my time while speaking the name of the place! Hahaha

    Every historical place is worth a visit. I hope to visit as many as I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely mosaic,Jonathan. Thailand is a beautiful country with many historical buildings. I remember the time we visited Bangkok.We really liked to ride Tokutoku. It was interesting.
    Have a good new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am actually excited to what will transoire in a year or two as you embark on a new journey yccos. I wish you all the best and when you are already somewhere, let me visit you so I can walk places with someone this time. It seems to be more fun being with a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tomoko,

    There are more but I am confined in the small space of Bkk for now because of some new endeavours. Will be posting them later, though very personal rather than pictorial. You must be talking about the tuk tuk, interesting enough and not that safe. I accompanied some friends once, all of us in a tuk tuk, all nine of us! It was an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I am aware of the price difference of hotels in Thailand since I was born. This double standard practice was pointed to us by my mum herself. Now she is no longer around and I have to pay a bomb. In Japan, the hotels are cheaper when measured by the Star ratings category. Anyway I would still visit Bangkok from time to time when there is a wedding or funeral of my relatives. You probably know them by now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again TM,

    Whenever I travel throughout Thailand, I sometimes book a hotel room, not higher than 2000 baht, for rest after hours of sitting down inside the car. Then I choose smaller hotels, but very clean and tidy, where I only shell-out from a thousand to a thousand five per night. I have not stayed in a hotel around Bangkok. When I was in Tokyo, I stayed at the capsule hotel and it was cheap and so much fun. Nothing beats Japan and will surely go back. KL is also a bit pricey, but my stay in Penang were very good, hotel and food combi. The people are also very friendly,

    ReplyDelete
  11. All right, tuk tuk!Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tomoko,

    You're welcome and thanks for reading back my reply. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love history, and historical places even more. With this post, it's like travelling back in time sir Jo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. Initially, I thought this is in Siem Reap! LOL
    This historical site is very much similar to the ruins in Ayutthaya.

    Amazing shots. More!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that you mentioned, I believe I did not do anything Siem Reap posts ever so will do, ha,ha,ha!

    I am guessing you had been to Ayuthaya thus the comparison. I haven't seen the ruins since the Great Flood so I am guessing again that it has done more re-construction.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Froi,

    Yes, a travel back in time, something I would like to do. There is so much history back home and will probably have to look into to be familiar with our very own.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting place. As I see you weren't too like due to to backlights but very liked your shots! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Miklos,

    Thanks for the compliment. I only used a phone camera for these, the bog one is bulky to carry around. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete