Wednesday, June 1

Cinderella, a Ballet

I have had the opportunity to be invited to attend a dance recital by one of my former students in class. She is four years old and has been taking ballet lessons with a dance studio called Rising Star. I accepted the invitation and was very glad to have seen the show.

The show was indeed splendid what with all 250 participants including some of the teachers dancing to the story of the all time classic Cinderella. Yuko Nakamura who played the lead role was a beauty to behold, not just physically but also with her graceful dancing and stand as a ballerina. I thoroughly enjoyed the presence of the fairies where they danced so well that there was no room for critique. Not that I will but it was so joyous I was smiling with their turns and bows.

My darling Kristine came as one of the bluebirds and she made me so proud. She wasn't the same Kristine I knew because she was very attentive and in sync. Dancing must be her first love as she performed so well that afternoon. Her parents must be equally proud of her for her splendid performance.

I thank Kristine and her family for a wonderful school year and for showing me growth and confidence in action. I am proud of her, as much as I am proud of each and every individual who attended my classes be it in music, drama, or in academics. Best of all, teachers collect their rewards not through monetary terms but through the love they give back as a token of their appreciation. I wish her and her family the best as they move back to the States. I will miss you Kristine!

No comments:

Post a Comment