Thursday, May 26

Art Auction 2016 Part Two

The titles for each art piece are given by my students in class.  When there are two or three interesting names, we vote for which is the best that describes a certain piece. 

Bidding started at 300 baht for the smaller pieces and 500 baht for the bigger ones. This year, we raised around 3000 USD to support cleft palate operation for young children. 


Leafy Red ( Acrylic on Canvas and Paper)

The Secret Garden (Acrylic on Canvas)

Seed Tree Black (Mixed Media)

Seed Tree White (Mixed Media)

Rain ( Food Colours / Acrylic on Canvas)

Tree Families (Acrylic/ Charcoal on Canvas)

A Play of Colours (Acrylic on Canvas)

Leafy Green (Mixed Media)

The bids were not as grand as previous years and I was a bit disappointed as some of the pieces only got a bid of 30 USD.  Each year is different but this year was not as giving as before.  Anyway, better than nothing. We can still send four children for their operation. 


10 comments:

  1. Wow! Again, I am amazed! Your students are very talented Sir!!! I love all the art works!! kudos!!!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cristine. I will probably replicate all of the artworks in mini form and then sell them online, ha,ha,ha.

    One day, I hope to do an art workshop again in Manila. The last one was many years ago, with Down Syndrome Society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did The Play of Colours get?...... I envy these kids!!! Hahaha. Me no art talent. Arte lang meron ako. Bwehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disappointing, as the Play of Colours fetched 30USD only. It is a fave of mine as well as the process is way too fun to describe. Anyway, at least this year, we get to send at least four children for operation. Maarte ka ba? Hindi ko nakita yun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,Jonathan,
    All of the arts are lovely! I wish, Good luck for you and your students!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gusto ko yung 'Leafy Red' at saka yung 'The Secret Garden' :)
    Magkano naman ang nakuhang bid ng mga ito? Na-curious din ako tulad ni cher Kat.

    Interesting sa akin yung sinabi mo na nagsagawa ka ng art workshop sa mga may Down Syndrome. Meron ka bang nagawang blogpost nito? Gusto ko sana mabasa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miss Tomoko,

    Thank you. The children were happy to be able to help. They were asking questions as to why some children were born with cleft palate and how doctors surgically repair them. It was a great day to help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cher Jep,

    The Leafy Red got a bid of 30USD as well while the Secret Garden got 50USD. The highest was the Garden Full of Flowers for 150USD.
    Anyway, the workshop lasted for three days. I did it even before I started blogging. It was during my stay at the International School of Manila. I do volunteer work after school at PGH and Missionary of Charity and conducted a free workshop to the above mentioned society.
    There were only two of us, volunteer teachers so the parents were around to help us out. The materials were donated to me by friends and parents. Lovely charity works that I miss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Art is such a subjective topic with admiration from different eyes and brains. Many people could not understand how Picasso's weird modern arts could fetch millions of US dollars! I myself am very exposed to all forms of Art, yet found it hard to see how investors bid at The Sotheby's or Christie's Auction houses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi TM,

    Same as the one in school where I get to see them but feel nothing about the art yet some describe them as wonderful. I remember having one great artwork displayed in my classroom but one person called it ugly! Each set of eyes see different ways.

    ReplyDelete