Tuesday, February 14

A Different Perspective

When I moved into this classroom where I am right now, I immediately noticed a blotch of paint on the side of the cubby holes for children. I looked at it and saw a face of a woman, a Native American woman for that matter.

I summoned my assistant to basked in my new discovery and she saw something else. She saw the black face of a demon lurking on the wall of this fixture. A different perspective on her part.

Later I asked another assistant to look at the picture and she came with no answer as she cannot see anything from this magnificent accident of art. I showed her the image but all she can say was ,"I don't see anything."

Life is how you see things. When times are tough, some would crumble and fall while some will rise and shine. When money is lacking, some will resort to evil ways while some will try to live simply. When we fail in love, some will see it as an experience learned while others will forever hate to accept love again.

Today is Valentine's Day but I see it not only as a special day for couples to celebrate their times together or their new found relationships. I also see this day as an opportune to show more of our caring nature to others and to tell the people we are close to, that we care and love them in return.

Though I failed plenty of times in matters of love, I simply refuse to stop from loving people around me. A Happy Valentine's Day to everyone and may the spirit of loving be with us always, in work and in our personal endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment