Friday, July 1

A Year End Thank You Note

The school year ended and summing it up in a few words isn't enough to express the challenges and joys of teaching. However after ten months of schooling and everyone need to say their goodbyes, I then realized that another batch of students are leaving armed with everything I taught them: resilience, responsibility and readiness.

Here's one thank you note most worthy to blog.


Teacher Jonathan,

My husband and I are so happy that Keanu had the experience of having you as a teacher. It is difficult to put into words the respect we have for you and your teaching skills. Not only did you challenge, motivate and inspire Keanu by opening his mind to many ideas, you also showed great compassion in addressing his sensitivity and emotional needs. You make it easy for kids to love learning and that is to be commended. Keanu loved you and your class from the start and never once became bored. All the parents and children adore you and that speak volumes. We shall miss your kindness, your attentiveness, and your passion for making our children better people.

Thank you... A

P.S. You once told me it was an accident that you became a teacher, but I think it was divine intervention for you were surely meant to teach!

3 comments:

  1. If time comes I get a kid of my own, I'd wish he/she get someone like you as a teacher.

    If not someone like you, you yourself would do. Build a school here in PH hehehe. :P

    Kudos to you and your good works. Being able to touch and influence lives is a gift.

    Miss yah kuya! Text me once you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I am so glad that you'll chose me to be worthy of your child's education, in case. Will see you soon, missing you too hijo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an excellently written essay, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete