Friday, February 24

My Best Trip

One of the things on my wish list this year is to start travelling again in different places and as part of my birthday wish, I went to Siem Reap as a treat to myself.

The travel time was outstandingly surprising since it only took me forty minutes from Thailand to Cambodia. I was still writing on the arrival sheet when the pilot announced that the plane is ready for landing. 

There were confusions on my part and the people around me as the English language was not as understandable from a native point of view. It was quite a struggle to queue along the visa section, to find the hotel's pick-up car and to speak to the hotel's staff. I was quite happy that I landed safely and that I will be in the company of my two very good friends.

I met my girl friend first where she travelled from her hometown to the city proper of Manila by plane, then to Kuala Lumpur before settling in Siem Reap. The travelling hours were ridiculous, as with the changing of planes, but as she said, "It was all worth it!" My boy friend came later in the evening after a gruelling flight from Chicago, Manila, Singapore before reaching Siem Reap. Of the three, he sure was the most tired.

I'll spare the details of our trip but the exhilaration of meeting two great people was the highlight of my trip. We had been friends years ago and it was our first travel adventure together out of our comfort zones. 
The stories and the laughter shared along were simply priceless. It was one great experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment