Wednesday, July 17

All My Bags Are Packed!

I'm a light traveller, really!
Faster than sound, lol!


I always bicker about the distance from my house to the new airport compared to when it was situated a few kilometres away from my house some years ago. I have to endure traffic and the long distance if ever I wanted to travel out of the country. My flight to Siem Reap was even shorter than my land travel in bangkok. 
Then there are these three hours waiting before boarding a plane. I am often baffled how the plane is already half full when I get in when the land crew just announced only those with infants and small children can board. Does having big tummies count?

I like the people I sit with. There was once this nanny and we were chatting like we were long lost friends. "My madam, she is so stingy but the children are so cute!" There was one Greek guy whose request for beer and wine were always ignored and so I ordered for him in another language. "If you come to Greece, I show you around, my friend!" There was this Korean man, who blurted out, "This is so cheap!" and we both giggled since we were looking at the flight attendant and we became best pals for some hours. There were three Filipinos worried that their relatives will have to wait for a long time since we were stranded so I lend them my mobile phone. "You are very kind!" 

I don't eat the food served during flights but I do like their bread and butter. I always offer my share to my seat mate if he or she still wants some. I do not drink either. I prefer to drink a wee bit of water or I ask for a cup of soda at times, politely. 

Once I arrive my destination, I am in a hurry to pass all those tourists and locals dragging their carry on baggage as big as my checked in one. Walking with them through the channel is like enacting the story of The Hare and the Tortoise, and I am the hare. I like to be first not because I am competitive but because I don't like waiting. However after being first at the immigration, the baggage claim area is my biggest hurdle.

Since I do arrive early at the airport, I am assuming all the time that I will be the last to leave my country of destination since my bag will be the last on the carousel. See I am the hare! I am learning a lesson here, not to be late, but to tell them there is something fragile inside my bag. (wink, wink)

Queueing at the wrong taxi counter is also a mess. I was once a victim of being in line and then being told that the cab fare is fixed depending on zones. I immediately left and went to the other line. If I am not carrying a load, I just leave the airport and find a cab outside. The best thing about this is that I don't need to tell the driver where I came from and why I went away. It is just ride and go.

All my bags are packed and I am ready to go. And busy will I be, what with reunions, school talks, meeting friends and a bit of travelling.

30 comments:

  1. Hey! Can I come?

    Send me a post card instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! hmmm... to phil for vacation?
    Hope you have fun :) Just like you, I like meeting new people and chatting with them like were old friends... Hope you find one on this trip :)
    Keep Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lili,

    Sure you can. And when I go there please make sure you have that cup of tea waiting, love it!

    I'll send you a post instead thru this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yccos,

    I do like meeting people and I scheduled and hopefully see some of the bloggers I visit. I have to see Ms. Balut for she won something from one of my post, not that it was a contest, but I just like to give her a little something. I will meet a photographer based in Pangasinan and off to Baguio as well. I hope to see another blogger based in Tarlac as I have his graduation present. I'll keep you posted.

    Thank you. I hope to see you someday so I can give you some of my teaching books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes this is it.... Wala ka pa man Pilipinas, welcome back :D enjoy Baguio..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaw you're really serious in meeting me and I do really won a prize? ha ha

    Parang ang bait mo namang pasahero/traveller :) I feel you dun sa mga airport/boarding hassles :(

    Have a safe trip and a GREAT vacation!

    (parang hindi kasya yung elepante sa mga bags mo? lolz)

    ReplyDelete
  7. excited much... dito yan sa Pinas for sure! makipagkita ka naman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rix,

    Na inspired about sa entry mo sa gagawin ko siyang itinerary ko. Buti na rin lang may guide ako from there, isa ding blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Balut,

    Nahiya naman ako at announced na dito you won a prize eh candy lang dala ko for you, ha,ha,ha.

    Aabot ko lang naman sa iyo, no need to sit down and chit chat, alam kong busy ka. E-mail ko sa iyo phone number ko.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi senyor,

    Nahiya naman ako eh celebrity ka, ako ay simpleng tao lamang, ha,ha,ha.

    Taga Makati ka ba so puwede tayong mag meet around there after ng work mo para hindi hassle sa iyo, bait ko noh?

    Puwedeng mag kape, since mahilig ka sa kape. PM ko number ko, text mo na lang ako. Hindi ko lang ma sure yung schedule ko. :)

    At nasa Pinas na ako.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish you a safe journey and a wonderful vacation !

    Blog in detail about things interesting !

    Bon voyage !Best of luck !

    ReplyDelete
  12. so you're very much ready to go. happy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will Rajiv, I will. Sharing our experieces through our blogs is exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Olivr, very much. I need this vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well i never experience air travel
    never been too near at an airplane as well and ironically my job will be dealing with such process haha,
    anyway, perhaps one of these days i get to experience that too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi MEcoy,

    I am so happy to hear you will be working so a big congratulations. What a great birthday present for yourself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Naks! Eto na talaga! Bakasyon mo na. Enjoy, enjoy! Don't blog too much while youre here, ipon ka lang ng ibablog mo. Pero feeling ko magbablog ka pa din. A blogger's gotta blog. Hehehe. Cant wait to see the places na pupuntahan mo, baka pwedeng next destination ko, ;))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sir jonathan i hope i can meet u in person hahaah :) enjoy ur vacation at libre mo ko haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Waiting... waiting and waiting... part talaga ng buhay natin yan, saan mang dako o anumang estado sa buhay, kailangang maghintay... Pero masarap maghintay at manabik sa isang lugar na naging bahagi ng kabataan at buhay mo...Welcome home!, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bon Voyage! :) have a safe trip! God bless! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ishna,

    Sige try kong mag blog at photo taking ng pupuntahan ko. Then you can decide kung worth it puntahan or not.

    Nakakatawa, basta may wi fi blog lang ng blog, ha,ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Josh,

    Ganda naman ng sinabi mo- to meet me in person, to enjoy my vacation biglang libre mo ako, ha,ha,ha din.

    Oks lang saan mo gusto? Sa carinderia ni manang o sa Wendy's?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Ric,

    Tama ka diyan. There is something good for those who wait. Tsaka hindi na common sa mga tao yung patience. Kaunti na rin lang yung may pausing to observe and see things. Lagi na lang naghahabol ang lahat, very chaotic.

    Thank you. I just finished giving a speech about Ang Pagbabalik this morning sa aking alumni school. It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Pao,

    Thank you and God bless you as well! Busy busy ba?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sir Jonathan! You got me excited! I do look forward to meet you too! Just keep me posted I'm just around Manila... And I do look forward for your tips and others sparks in teaching and blogging! Have a great vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ahahaha buti ka pa at least everything would be easy for you. Ano ahaha nganga ako dun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Vacation in the Philippines. I am very happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nandito ka na pala Jonathan. Welome home!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Maraming salamat at sa iyo ay dadalaw, aboutambot!

    ReplyDelete