Sunday, July 26

Summer in Chantaburi 2015

My first summer trip was a respite from the heat of Bangkok.  As I was sweating profusely in the garden, all I had been asking was rain.  So when I embarked on a short trip to Chantaburi, rain was all that welcomed me.

It was raining through the entire afternoon and it was brewing storm during the night.  The howling wind wasn't my cup of tea.  I envisioned a short stroll at the beach or maybe sitting in one of the chairs for a nap.  I stayed inside my bungalow.

I stayed at Chivaree Resort and it wasn't a regular resort found in the deepest part of a small road.  It was tucked inside to be discovered.  Let the photographs I took in the morning speak of its distinct character.

I asked when I checked in whether there were other guests but lo and behold, I was the only one just like in my previous staycations around Thailand.  People probably can sense that I am arriving so they all leave.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, not because I am used to being by myself but because I get to take photos with no photo bombers, LOL!


A room in a barge, amazing find!
(Tamang tama sa baha.)
(Si Noah ka ba? Bakit?
Ikaw kasi ang magliligtas sa akin sa panahon ng baha. KORNI!)

Snake like steps leading towards the bar.
(Wala ka pang naiinom, lasing ka na maglakad.)

The lilies and the big jars complete the entrance.
(Excuse me, the red carpet please!)
(Ilublub kaya ka namin diyan!)

The wind and rain were strong to topple down a chair.
(Naglasingan ang hangin at ulan kagabi.)
(Bagyo ka ba? Bakit? Ikaw kasi ang magbabayad ng damages.
ANG KORNI KO!)

A bridge connecting my room to the pool.
(Excuse me, pakibuhat naman ako, tinatamad na akong maglakad.)
(Sir, baka naman gusto ninyo itulak ko na lang kayo!)

The pool with its Ms. Universe figure.
(Excuse me, puwede bang mag skinny dipping diyan?)
(Ok lang, wala namang makikita.)

Captivated by the traditional Thai decor and room set-up!
(Sarap matulog kaya lang .................... maliwanag,
at ano naman ang nasa isip mo?)

I am in awe! The outdoor themed bathroom!
(Hindi ako makaligo, baka may manilip at makita si junior, ha,ha,ha)
(Pssst, ang liit naman.............
ng banyo!)

15 comments:

  1. Ganda naman! Sayang umulan. Pero kapag maulan na ganyan ang sarap matulog! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I cannot stop giggling while reading the captions of every photo.

    I like the bathroom and the bedroom photos.. Oh my. I wish I can come home to such arrangement every day.. Hayst.. Bed... Bed.. Bed.. I always love to have a nice bed to come home to after a day of hard work.

    The rain, there are days that it's good to have the rain minus the strong and howling winds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yun na nga Mr. T, natulog na lang ako, ha,ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Cher Kat, i made the same arrangement when I used to have my own place in Manila. Very homey ang dating, you wanted to stay forever and sleep for a long time. However, I have not done that to my bedroom here because I am always on the go when school is open leaving me no time to re arrange the pillows, make the bed and flatten the sheets and blankets. :(. It is like wake up, fold however and go!

    I love the rain though, no complaints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm.. how would I say it? I just wanna make sure that I have a nice and clean bed to go home to. The pillows and blankets should be properly folded and arranged no matter what. Hahaha.

    I've read it in one Commencement Address, that one thing we should do is fix the bed because no matter how bad the day would go, at least there is a nice bed to get back into at the end of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sayang di mo maeenjoy yung pool dahil naulan pero yung bathroom.. wow! Sa ganitong maulan na panahon ang the best na gawin ay matulog at kumain ^_^
    pero ang nagdala talaga dito eh yung mga hugot lines eh hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cher Kat, I tell myself that I should make my house presentable because at the end of the day, it is where I will be back. Same with bedroom pala, eh nagmamadali ako everyday so toss the blanket, ha,ha,ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Na enjoy kong tignan at dahil walang tao, very serene siya. I was looking at how the raindrops make ripples all around. Ha,ha,ha.
    Blue pala pangalan mo, at yun pala ang tawag sa mga sinulat ko, hugot lines, learned something today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Korni man, pero natawa ako. Haha!

    Bagyo talaga ang isa sa numero unong nakakasira sa mga ganyang gala. tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you at napatawa kita ng slight. Sep, make good of everything at kahit maulan I enjoyed it! Nahirapan lang akong gumamit ng banyo dahil nababasa ako, ha,ha,ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nakakita ka na ba ng taong nag poo poo nang naka payong?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ano po sir Jo ang pakiramdam ng nagsstaycation sa resort? Parang nakakatuwa.hehe. Ma-try nga minsan. Yung tipong solo mo lang ang lugar.

    Hanep yung mga banat.haha! akma sa mga pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nakakatuwang, nakakatakot dahil alam mong mag isa ka lang so puwede kang ma-rape nang walang makakaalam. Sayang..... Ha,ha,ha! Dapat pala iniwan kong bukas ang pintuan.

    Thanks sa komentong hanep, ako ay magbabalik!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really missed places like this. I miss the tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seryoso naka-payong? Wala bang bubong yung bathroom? Di ba nila naisip paano kapag mga ganyang eksena? Kaloka! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete