Thursday, June 6

Journey of the Raindrops

Drooping branches welcomed me that morning.
I was mildly roused because of the gushing rain outside the house. I don't hear the pitter patter of rain because the sound was more of a tap being turned on by God to wash the dirt off the world. The sound awoke me but later lulled me to sleep. I was just tired.

The early morning light woke me up before I even hit the alarm button. I had been waking up earlier so that I can beat the alarm which is very ironic. It is just me, a man of many complications and quirks.

When I went to see what the rain brought in the early dusk, the whole garden was soaked with freshness and the smell of orange jasmine permeated the air. It seemed that another work of God cleansed my soul as the garden is my spiritual abode.

A raindrop is weak and as it scattered rain at the start, it builds its momentum. Later on, the raindrops become heavy rain and the water gushes forth as if quenching the thirst of the earth. Meanwhile, the trees, with their many branches, succumbed to the weight of the rain, not by breaking themselves, but by bowing as if they accept their surrender without losing the fight. It was a bow of respect, acknowledging the strength of the rain. It was a bow of thanks, providing the trees and flowers with nourishment. It was a bow of grace, finding the right time to shine forth by giving way to others.

I am a raindrop and I am looking for other raindrops to fill the earth with respect, love and abundance. I am talking not of earthly matters but one from the heart. A sense of reverence to our fellowmen so that we can live in harmony. A little sprinkle of love in what we do to others, whether a smile or a friendly gesture. A life of abundance to share in the form of positive words, acknowledgement and gratitude.

Sometimes, we need to humble ourselves so that we can see what we are missing in life.

6 comments:

  1. well it would be great to wake up like that! refreshing and peaceful indeed! as for me never experience that here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great to wake up to the sound of nature and even I am blessed at home, I still find time to be at the beach or the mountains for reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag-ulan na rin po ba sa Thailand ngayon? Dito sa Pinas, ayun rainy season na yata talaga :)

    Masarap talagang pakinggan ang patak ng ulan lalo na sa gabi. Para ka niyang ipinaghehele (with matching kokak ng palaka sa labas)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umuulan sa may southern part, yung sa bahay pa bugso bugso though last week umulan so I wrote this blog. Maingay ang mga kokak dito sa gabi, hindi ako makatulog. Para silang kumakanta ng sabay sabay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As if I can personally experience that morning the way you described it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the compliment, Balut.

    ReplyDelete