Wednesday, December 24

A Christmas Yearning

When I was young, I remember being happy getting crisp two peso bills folded inside an envelope as Christmas presents from my parents or relatives. I was very ecstatic when my godmother gave me a wooden telephone from the US when she came to visit. I was also happy to get a thermos bottle from a very close aunt or some fairy tale books from an uncle of mine. I was indeed a child.

When I grew older, the presents were basically shirts to wear or some money to spend. Being a teacher, I was showered with chocolates and baskets filled with fruit as Christmas presents. I remembered asking our driver to pick me up from school because I cannot carry the gifts by myself.

For the past Christmases, I had been lucky to receive presents, big and small from colleagues, parents of my students, or from friends. The most that I got from one Christmas was a plane ticket and it was a very generous gift. I became, like that child of many years ago.

However, the best gift for Christmas that I could ask for is still on the works. It should be coming from me and it could be cultivated with patience as I get to work for it. I long for inner peace, a kind of sanctity within myself for all that had happened and for all that is happening. I wanted a life less complicated, devoid of dramas, free of emotional baggages and bereft of fear.

As I grew older, my longing for material things diminished while my pursuit for happiness and peace became a hundredfold. May this season be one of joy for those who are sad, wealth for those who are financially lacking, positivity for those who are shrouded with negativities, love for those who are seeking, and peace for those like me who are downtrodden.

                                                             by Ken

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!


10 comments:

  1. Santa, gifts all fond memories of childhood :)
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you 'inner peace' sir Jo.

    Parang binalikan ko na rin yung mga alaala ko tungkol sa mga regalo tuwing pasko :)

    Gustong-gusto ko yung dulong mensahe ng blogpost na ito sir Jo, sana ay matupad.

    Merry Christmas and God bless u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. inner peace isang magandang gift para sa tensyonadong utak ☺

    kailangan ko yan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merru Christmas Rajiv and yes, all fond memories and will simply be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Jep,

    Sige, isipin mo ang mga natanggap mo since then. I could. Mayroon pa nga akong display shelves before where all the things I received from people around the world were displayed. Wala siyang monetary value but the memories, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Rix,

    Sige nga, saan nga ba nabibili yan, kailangang kailangan ko na kasi. Sa botika ba?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Christmas sir Jo :)
    Ang Pasko para sakin ngayon ay para na lang sa mga bata hehe. Parang habang nagkaka-edad ka, hindi na rin ganun kabongga ang Pasko LOL

    Darating yang inner peace na hinahangad nyo Sir Jo. Wait lang daw sabi ni Santa Claus ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. naghahanap nga din ako ng mabibilhan nun Sir Jonathan hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Sir! Ako naman na miss ko yung panahon na namamasko pa ako at nanghihingi ng regalo. Ngayon ako na ang dapat magbigay hehehe kakatuwa... Memories of the most wonderful time of the year is really priceless.I'll say amen to your wishes Sir. I have a number of wishes for this year's Christmas too. I hope you will get the inner peace that you are longing Sir. You deserve it :)

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am waiting for your blog to appear in my feeds since I started blogging again, but nakikita na nag post ka ng. Just happened to see your name sa comment mo kay Rix.
    Anyway, I wish you too Merry Christmas and a Happy New year:)

    ReplyDelete