Wednesday, March 14

Leading My Way

Alone as a passenger while navigating a lake, the boatman knowing the waters rises up to hold on to the stick as to maneuver the boat on its course. He also stirs away from a fast approaching boat so as to avoid the splashes. The journey was pleasant as the boatman knows his way and through the trip, makes conversations and exchanges anecdotes.


In my life, I myself, am the boatman as I am the one taking charge of where I am going. I was given opportunities and made choices some of which were positive while some were not so inviting. Some circumstances didn't give me any choices at all but I still have to make decisions.


My career path had no well laid plan since the beginning. I went with the flow. Starting as an assistant then doing all sorts of things related to teaching. My personal life took no direction as well as I became contented to what I have and then made no plans for my future, marriage wise.


Regrets were aplenty and each and every day of my life recently becomes a source of frustration, doubt, and hopelessness. Maybe because I am getting old, or maybe because I miss some people in my life. I find navigating through life meaningless and without a point. It's like I live for each day and that's it.


I maybe the boatman of my life but I needed something else. I needed some instruments to really make a change in my path. Just like the boatman, he needs his boat and his oar. And for me, I need my faith and inner strength to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment