Monday, December 22

A Day In Nakhon Nayok

Part of working hard is being stressed out because of deadlines, work loads or simply the idea of burn out. So one lazy Sunday morning, I decided to visit a picturesque place called Nakhon Nayok to enjoy some fresh air and sceneries.

I left at nine and arrived before noon. I had some noodles during some stops and well, was actually tired already from all that sitting. Anyway, I was looking for the place where Sairung Waterfalls was located and finally reached the place before one in the afternoon. 

The river was so inviting but I wanted to know
where the water was coming from.


So there you were! The beauty was stunning
and Google+ even tagged it as an awesome photo.


The clear and sparkling water reminds me of what
our minds and bodies should be.
 

After the falls, I visited the Khun Dan Prakon Chon Dam
 that holds all that water. It is the biggest dam in Thailand
and the largest and longest compacted concrete dam in the world. 



Bathing and playing in the water were some of the activities
done by locals and foreigners visiting the area.



Then off to another waterway and more people were seen enjoying nature's bounty.



The waters moved on the ground in all directions but the tree, high and steady,
was all praised for water's abundance.


Nakhon Nayok may simply offer its rivers and waterfalls as fave destinations but the significance of the water to life and our existence is of utmost importance.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! you are very lucky to be able to visit such places Sir! I must agree with you, the river is really amazing! ahhh...miss visiting a river maybe I was in hs when I was able to visit and take a bath in a river hehehe
    Nakhon Nayok is really amazing, wish I could visit the place too!!!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a place of wonderful natural beauty !
    superb post !

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow xmas na pero nasa galaan pa din lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a really beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Cristine,

    I remember being in a river back in Nueva Ecija where my mom was originally from. There were a couple of same aged kids who were whispering to each other. They moved the banca towards me to push me to deep waters. Fortunately I am a good swimmer at the age of seven while those two realized later that they couldn't trick me. Naughty kids, I wonder if they got something from Santa that year, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Rajiv,

    Just like in many places, there are many secrets that need to be unravelled. With our blogging, we get to show people art, culture, places and people to visit and meet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Rix,

    Sa travel lang po ako at hindi ako nag aatend ng parties or shopping. I will go away very soon aiming for six different provinces. I got myself a tent just in case there will be no accommodation for me. This is going to be a great road trip again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Simon,

    Beautiful and within budget. I only need to pay for petrol and food, and also entrances.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow gusto ko ang adventure na ganyan... exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rix,

    One day gawin natin sa Pinas. from Angeles up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for showing us the place which I wouldn't have the chance to visit:)

    ReplyDelete