Monday, December 29

Blessings of 2014

Let me capped the year with some of the most wonderful gifts I received or had encountered throughout 2014.

Birthday- Though I don't celebrate birthdays anymore, it was heart warming to be remembered by a dear friend named Jennifer to bring me some treats to share with my students that day. I also offered merit to a Buddhist temple and celebrated with a small surprised gathering by a friend and some of my acquaintances. The month of January was chilly and it was my fave month so far.

Tags- Though composing notes and blog posts seemed easy for me, the tag to put in writing things to be thankful for was a challenge. I wasn't able to write for five days and I ended having only three. It wasn't the blessings because there were a plenty but it was whom to tag that gave me a headache. I was also tagged to do the black and white challenge by Balut and it was equally draining but fun. I took the opportunity to open up my older files and post photos of which I tagged five people as well.

Work - The first half of the year was hard work since I had a lot of reports to write, projects and presentations to finish and the never ending drama in school. I switched to a younger class in August and this is a respite to the many requirements for pre kindergarten.

Friends - There were three sets of friends who came to visit. One was from Singapore, another from the Philippines and the last but aplenty, from Taiwan. I also met  some bloggers when I went back to Manila and I am sure that I lost some. A former university classmate for a year recognized me at Taipei airport and I couldn't even remember his face. Also, while inside a commuter train, an acquaintance saw me in Taipei. 

Travels- This is probably the only incentive I get from working so hard. Traveling to Manila in January was draining because of our family squabbles. However my trips to Thailand every month were my pet peeves. Armed with my cameras, I took plenty of photos of things that interest me. But the most memorable of my travels were my solo trips to Japan and Taiwan. I experienced so many things that there were no regrets whatsoever.

Love - My students had been inspirations so as the parents of my last pre- kindergarten class. I am not a happy fellow when it comes to my personal life as I am living in constant threats and fear. Maybe one day I will tell people about it but for now, allow me to wallow in self pity as I try to fix my life.

3 comments:

  1. Who are these bloggers you have lost?

    We'll always be friends, Cher Jo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I intentionally inserted this post after posting two more but masipag kang maghanap, ha,ha,ha. After writing the post As I Read, I Learn..... I realized I went back to the past knowing that things are different now. I miss the bloggers I've known but they all stopped writing. Hopefully, even if they stopped, they still drop by once in awhile to say hello. But relationships are two way, I must also do the same.

    I woke up at 4 this morning and I read your second line. It gave me something to smile about today. Thank you and I really do not know how to contact you since all your social medias are now closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di naman kita ma-add sa FB, Cher Jo. :)

    ReplyDelete