Saturday, February 6

Life's Vicissitudes

Mines View Park, Baguio, Philippines

Not everyone will understand your journey.  That's okay.  
You're here to live your life, not to make everyone understand.

As we grow wiser, we will find that the answers to our questions can be found not through internet searches or consultations with others.  The richness and depth of our experiences, be it good or not, will answer them.

I was a lost soul when I was much younger, not knowing what I really like. Would I pursue law or continue with Theology and as I fall in indecisiveness, I ended in a straight path, a profession I learned to care and love.  My experiences taught me to take my time, to feel where my heart is, and dig deeper. I needed to sink roots and I did. 

 I had loved a few people but rejected by many.  My experiences taught me to love myself fully rather than offer myself to despair.  I wasn't able to marry, a regret I had, but my single blessedness is giving me opportunities that I might not be able to do if I have my own family. 

I met so many people in my life both locals and international.  That nationality is not a factor in friendship, but sincerity in its pursuit.  That wealth is a measurement for others but not for those who stayed.  That distance is not important to those who continue to reach out.  Friends come but many will go and for those who will stay, keep them in your hearts.

That whatever choices I make in my life is mine.  If you do not agree to my decisions, you can give your opinions but it is still me who will walk the walk.  If  I choose to go a different path, it is because I wanted to show that I can be myself, and not a follower of others' dreams.  My short stay in this world is measured by the journey I will take so I wanted them to be filled with joy. 



There are three things I learn in life: 



My journey is my responsibility, not anyone else's. 



My sharings in life is my choice and legacy, that nobody can erase.



My decisions, though with regrets, are my life's scaffolding.



So believe and conquer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment