Monday, February 15

Flowers For Me?

It was a dreaded day as gazillion of lovers all the world celebrated and showed the world their love.  I hope that they do it everyday and not just one in a 365 days cycle.  And to think that this year, we get to have one extra day for love. Enough sweetness!


why am I keeping these?

As I teach in a school, it was just normal to receive small tokens from students of different grade levels.  And as a pack rat, I had accumulated some as shown in the photograph above.  They do not mean anything as they were only symbols of love, but the true feeling of being loved by students can be felt a hundredfold.  

This forgettable day became an unforgettable experience.  As I was watering the garden early in the morning, my routine every Sunday, I noticed something that moved from atop some greens.  Lo and behold, an unexpected visitor was slithering.  I was frozen, Elsa style, and realized that a photo shoot was the next thing to do.  Running towards the house, I got hold of my phone and quietly but quickly snapped a pic of this lovely green reptile.  I felt I was Eve, looking at the snake telling me to take a bite at the apple. I answered by saying I already ate one, it's stuck on my throat! 

Hello! Adam's apple!


who wants one for Christmas?

The rest of the day was spent indoor, blogging and writing more posts to last the year.  Yeah, that's how my mind wanted to forget about this special day, Valentine's, not the snake.   After some good old chatting with a friend that I professed my love to (it's Valentine's you know so only one day), I was hungry so I left to take a bite.  I sent all my friends a heart's day greetings and waited patiently who will return my love.  Yipee!, got three and one from someone who broke my heart some years ago (though that person doesn't even know, ha,ha,ha). 

While I was eating at a nearby restaurant rice porridge and all, I felt alone and unwanted.  If tears could drown, the whole road was now inundated with water. Just kidding, what the heck, I am no longer a drama king, CDR King maybe, plugging!

I went back home and upon reaching the house, something caught my eyes. Not the snake as it was gone but a plastic bag with a bouquet of flowers inside it.  It was for me!  I took it and threw it in the bin.  Not really, I took it inside and smiled, not a big smile but a smile that meant, things end well when we least expect it. 

though not real roses, the essence was there
essence of chicken, ha,ha,ha!

What's your story?










No comments:

Post a Comment