Thursday, September 15

Not My Garden Though

It was difficult to move.  Inasmuch as I conditioned myself that change was imminent and good, I was enveloped by deep sadness during my first month living in a smaller space, in a condo, to be specific.  I miss the wide space of my former house, the two rooms filled with books and the sprawling garden with mango trees and critters galore.




I miss my garden and that was the first thing that came into my mind when I decided to help a neighbour landscape the front of their house.  It was just a small space and the choice was that of herbs for cooking. Nevertheless, I was more excited to visit a garden centre once again.






Like a little school boy lost in a candy store, I was snapping photos after photos as I relived the old days when I walked through my garden.  The colours were bright and inviting, and the feelings I had of owning one came back.







What I felt that morning was something money cannot buy and in an instant, I was filled with regrets telling myself that I should have not moved.  The thought was depressing but I fought that. 







There was a reason for moving, for changing and for detaching myself to many of my so called 'interests'. Life goes on even when something is amiss and in the case of a garden, I can always revert back. 


4 comments:

  1. oh you moved? condo? wala ka ng garden? i'll miss your garden posts. but, i am so excited for you. new space. new neighbors. new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Lili,

    I am sad but you are right, new space and neighbours (something that did not come into mind), and new beginnings.

    Thanks for the visit. One day, will post garden pics again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are so tropical and beautiful all year round.
    I understand your feelings as I had my own share too. The last home I stayed had the most beautiful garden along my whole street which was all planted with my own heart and sweats.

    Now I live on the ground level condo with a big pool and landscaped gardens for me to enjoy instead at my door step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may not be yours, but you have your marks on it. Everywhere on it :)

    Letting go is really a difficult and at times, a painful decision to make. But the love stays and just like what you did, there will always be good opportunities to share the love :)

    ReplyDelete