Wednesday, June 10

The End (June 10, 2009)

Flipping through the pages of the year past
Of chapters and anecdotes
Some frowns, some smiles, iconoclast
Of teachings’ antidotes.

Thus begin with greetings and knowing
Of faces unfamiliar
Lives intertwined yet stories of sharing
Webbed a thread congenial.

Each face speaks, each life unfolds
Of life’s awes and vicissitudes
Bound by work, graciously mold
Children’s minds and attitudes.

Months gone when work fills each day
Of triumphs and small successes.
Still happily rowing through the tide
Of stress and false pretenses.

As I write the last few pages
Of friendship and growing.
Moving fast with each exhales
Of farewells and going.

7 comments:

  1. another school years starts. i guess you have new students, new minds to nurture. but like always, you have to say goodbye to others...

    hays...bittersweet indeed :)

    ---
    there are a billion stars out there, and sometimes all you need is one :) and who might that one be? hmmm... hehehe! :P

    thanks, jon :) God bless you and your students this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's an end of a chapter, another one is about to begin.

    If it's the end of a story book, then we'll wait for a sequel.

    I know that in every end, another beginning starts.

    How did I know?

    I dont actually know, I just assumed. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ lucas

    the school year ended and it had been a wonderful year. I look forward for the next school year, in August, to start anew. Just like when we leave the university, we miss not the school but the friends we made. When we start working, we make new friends and thus, we begin again.

    I lost my one and only star, the reason for all the emotional entries during the past weeks. Thanks for being there, all the time, to read and comment, it's been a great help!

    @kris

    sometimes, there is an end to something and there's no continuation or going back, but a new beginning.

    please continue being sane for me, it keeps me alive! (or is it your insanity that makes me alive?)

    many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me? Insane? LOL!

    Only those with brains get mentally disturbed.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and with all these emo posts, I might get one!

    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant breathe!There's so much depth in here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ lunar

    Thanks for the visit. Some of my entries are shallow while some are way beyond my initial intention. I took a peek inside your blogging life and you sure have a knack for writing.

    ReplyDelete