Wednesday, March 10

In Love With Poi


No, I am not in love with a person. I am in love with life and what life had given me. All these years, my students had given me so many things besides their caring attitude and inner love. They are my support system and my strength. All these years, they had also given me material things of which I am so thankful of.

Just last Christmas, I received many gifts from many people. I got a wonderful Santa sculpture, a piggy bank with my favorite book illustrated on it, a sapphire ring, a sports watch, cards, tasty sweets, and many other things. One of them is a teddy bear that brought the child in me. I looked at it and realized that this is the first ever bear I received. I gave it a hug and named it Poi (named after the giver).

There are some things in life that will bring back good and bad memories. There are some that will take us to a land of imagined places and unravel the childlike in us. There are things that support our needs and adds up our wants. Those presents in one way or the other, will remind us of the person, an event in life, or a feeling we wanted to keep.

I keep them because I wanted to relive the memories, short they maybe. I use the material things given to me and feels that a part of that person is within my reach. I keep the presents on display because the friendships they hold are for me to cherish. Some may have left, abandoned the chain, or had simply forgotten but when they come back, it's a new story to weave. I am not chained by material things, I see life because of their memories.

2 comments:

  1. wow wow wow!!!! hehe.

    I love the pillows, inggit ako kay poi. hahaha! See you again soon Phi Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes of course, we'll see each other soon. But Poi is not with me here, he is home!

    ReplyDelete