Saturday, October 30

Aunt Frances


I remember living on the top floor of the school where I used to work when I first started working in an international setting. The school was small, housed in a condominium with four floors. The preschool section can be found on the second while the tutorials were on the third. The top floor was my sleeping quarter.

On my third week of school, I received some visitors asking about my whereabouts since the news spread out that there was a new kid on the block. I met Aunt Frances, a very fine fellow indeed.

Aunt Frances is a nurse by profession and they came to the country as expatriates from the US. She graciously offered one vacant room in their house to be my place and I agreed. It was difficult at first since I am not used to living with people who are not my relatives, more so, people whom I just met. But they were very good hosts and through the passing days, I became close to all three of them in the family. I was treated well, and received with warmth and became a part of her family. I am even allowed to use the car during the weekends.

I became part of their lives for a year until they were moved to another country and I had to find a new place to be in. I was very sad to see them leave but as expat families do, they had to go wherever they were assigned. Aunt Frances took care of me from day one up to their last day in Thailand. I am honored to have met such a great family, and deeply appreciative that I meet people like Aunt Frances during the course of my life. I am sure she is blessed for being so kind and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment