Sunday, October 10

10.10.10


It's just a number but the need to get 10 in work and play propel us to work harder, to seek advices, to learn from the pro, and to further pursue goals to achieve our full potentialities.

W
e always strive for perfection and then end up being successful or miserable. Sporting events are competitive in nature and it takes an athlete years to master what he is good at, and perfect it. Cooks and chefs take lessons from master cooks to bring out the best flavours in their dishes, thus to perfect them. Participants in creative competitions push harder and develop world class designs or performances, a need to perfect their crafts. However too much of anything brings downfall, and in this scenario, pursuing 10 beyond our limits might end up to frustrations and defeat. We should know out limits.

I am not competitive but I put more effort in what I do. I go to work earlier than usual and dread being late to an appointed meet. I am told to make a presentation, I do twice what was asked of me. I am to teach but I go beyond by looking into each and every child and dig deeper to their core to help them with their strengths and correct their weaknesses. I put more effort in everything.


To be good is fair enough but to be better is far more compelling. Perfection is a discipline and once achieved, it elevates us to the highest level of satisfaction and success. Nobody's perfect? Yes, but we could perfect some things in life. We should give 10 a chance, to challenge ourselves once in a while. And when we compete with life, we know that our efforts deserve a 10 and nobody can take that feeling of contentment and hard work away from us.


Thus, I give myself an 8 for being considerate, a 9 for being a strong person, and a 10 for loving unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment