Thursday, January 20

Karin



An irreplaceable teacher is about to leave the school and I say irreplaceable. Is there such a thing such as irreplaceable? Yes, in her case, she is.



We’ve known each other for so many years and I have seen her rise from being an assistant teacher to one of the most promising in the field. She learns fast and had been adaptable to many situations confronting her everyday. She is well-loved by her peers and by her students and parents while maintaining a humble and well-respected demeanour.



She had been my support buddy. Not that we agree on all things but we also have our bouts of arguments and misunderstandings. We still maintain our own identities as teachers but continues to support each other through thick and thin. Our ideas would always be about children, the passion and the caring attitude, and it is in this respect that I find her not only a good person but also a great colleague in school.



I will miss her morning greetings, her warm smiles and her genuine concern. I will miss her gifts of chocolates after every school break. I will miss her baked cookies from her cooking sessions. One good friend had left last year and so her leaving would be very difficult for me. Yet I will always remember that she had been a part of my growth as a teacher.



Karin will be missed in school yet her contributions to the so many lives of young children will become a legacy in itself. I wish her all the best and with this entry, I send her all my love.

1 comment:

  1. She may be gone now, but Im sure she's just a text away... & I hope your new co-worker will be as nice as your friend

    ReplyDelete