Sunday, January 23

One Birthday Wish

Every year I celebrate my birthday with the students in my class. An ice cream cake or a cake will suffice and we will all partake a cup of cold delights and enjoy the short bonding moments during recess.

Every year I celebrate my birthday by visiting a church or a temple. Last year, I fed birds and released some fish to the river. This year, I made merit by donating some money to a foundation and then prayed in a temple.

Every year, I wanted to eat out with some or just one good friend. This year, I spent the afternoon and evening with two beautiful people in my life. I got laughs, tears, joy and love for eight hours of non-stop sharing of stories and funny moments. And to my surprise, I got a cake, handed by a former student of mine, and the gesture was deeply appreciated.

Every year, as the day ends, I sit down and reminisce how lucky I am to be alive and having had lived a great year. This year, one birthday wish is fulfilled once again, a wish I always hope to happen even for just this one day of the year, that is, to be with someone.

A big thanks to Sumead and Deena for the cards, Joan and Carol for the wonderful company, Marc for the pillow, Sai for the cake, RMA staff for the birthday wishes, Wasan for the temple visit, Stephen for the overseas call, ITG for the birthday entry, my dad for his very first sms message to me, and to all of those who shared this one birthday wish even with a one line birthday greeting. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday Jonathan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... Happy Bday, Athan =)

    More love and blessings to come....

    ReplyDelete