Friday, January 14

My Footprints

I have the greatest job in the world because I see the accomplishments I make in the lives of young children. I have the best seat in the theatre of life as I see their growth blossoms right in front of me. I have the best medicine for sadness and loneliness for they are always willing to give me a hug with a wonderful smile and encouragement.

I am delighted to be part of the lives of these little children that I teach everyday. Hearing comments from their parents had been very heartwarming and lovely. Year after year, I do hear people saying that the only reason they stayed in school is because of me. I do hear that the reason they chose the school was because of me. I have also heard that the children will miss my camaraderie and my overflowing love for them. I am overjoyed.

Just last month, I told a child that his "movie" was done and that we needed just the voice over for it to be totally finished. He viewed the final run with music and he was impressed. The smile and the glowing eyes as he reads and looks at the moving pcitures made me smile and I was indeed happy. I was about to face the other way to see how the other children were doing when he called me.

Me: Yes? Do you like it?
Keanu:
I love it!
Me:
Thank you.
Keanu:
I love you Teacher Jonathan. Could I give you a kiss?

I cried that moment. The next day, I cried more when I told the story to his mom and we were crying on the playground in front of many people. For those who give, they do receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment