Saturday, March 26

A Great Day!

I don't really attend parties but today's invite was an exception. My student had been asking me to be in her birthday party and when she handed me the invitation personally, taking it out of her backpack one afternoon, I willingly accepted. And after being there, not a single strand of regret.

The party was well-attended by all. What I mean is that all of my students were there. The best part was that all the parents were there too. I felt good seeing them there. I felt great seeing the companionship and warmth each families extend to one another. The parents were happy, the children were exquisitely joyful. They were ecstatic and none was excluded.

Seeing those moments of bonding made me think that my eight months work with these children paid off. Seeing the parents sharing positive anecdotes about school was enough to feel proud of what I do. Most of all, seeing the families happy was enough for me to continue what I do best.

To my wonderful twelve angels, thank you for a great day.

6 comments:

  1. I admire how you deal with kids.. kasi I admit Im having a hard time dealing with them.. don't you know it's actually a gift? I mean,to have patience with them? and I am not quiet gifted.. hehe but i can definitely go play and mess up with them :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I became a teacher by accident so I guess you wont know you are great with children until you are with them. It takes great patience of which I pray for everyday.

    I also volunteer my time in an orphanage in Manila when I am there so I get to see a wide spectrum of behaviour and acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received a message from one of my students whose high school graduation was yesterday. To quote him, "Thanks Tita Ji for you were instrumental to where I am now." I cried coz my heart was so happy.

    And just like you, this kind of gesture will truly inspire you to continue doing what you do best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jiji- it is a wonderful thing that when we do our work to the best of ability that it is returned with gratitude and teaching is like that. I am happy for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet that moment must have really been and very touching! God bless u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @dico- it was, that's why I blogged it immediately upon arrival. Sharing these beautiful moments with people like you becomes a testament of how I was raised by some great people like you. Many thanks Dico for my wonderful formative years, love you too!

    ReplyDelete