Tuesday, May 10

My Former School, A Revisit 2

Through the years. I had ups and downs in this school ranging from misunderstandings, jealousy, rumours, hatred as well as friendships, support, and lots of encouragement. Every year was different. My greatest fans were the Finnish people as they believed in what I could do.

While working in this school, I was approached by a lady/owner of another preschool and she asked me if I would be interested to help her set up a new school right where my school was located. It was a good offer but my loyalty and dedication to my school lingered and I just couldn't leave and betray (in a way), my former principal who placed her faith on me.

The last year. I was approached by a couple from the States and questioned my loyalty to the school and as to what were the reasons I stayed for so long. It was a long list. The people at my school were so good to me but it was a matter of learning new things. Though I listened to the couple, it was my decision to leave and start anew in another preschool. I gave my resignation with a heavy heart and bade farewell to the people who stood with me for almost ten years. It was heartbreaking!

Wrapping up. RMA made me a person and all the years I stayed in there were never to be thought of as regrets. They were priceless memories and constant growth. The experience gave me a chance to prove myself as a great educator while also making myself humble as to my beginnings. I will never forget the people of RMA ( Rosemarie, Wanchai, Chalida, Wisa, Chada, May, Lourdes, and others) as I owe them a lot.

Fond memories.

"We saw you as a teacher and not from your colour." - the Reck's

"I didn't believe you at first but now I promised my son to give you a hug for being the best teacher for him." - the Espo's

"Ask for Jonathan, he is the best in that school." - the Baade's

"Thank you for being a great teacher to my son." - the Agathageledis'

"My son will miss you so much." - the Panichnantakul's

"I don't know how you did it but my daughter is just so different in a very positive way." - the Vansumsen's

"We like you to teach all of our children." - the Kitcharoenwong's

"My child just talk about you, all the time!" - the Pitts'

"My daughter will always remember you for teaching her how to write her name." - the Kaga's

No comments:

Post a Comment