Friday, March 8

Sketches Part 1

I was adamant to learn from an art teacher not because I do not trust him but because I know that I will be spending so much time trying to draw vases and flowers for many weeks. I was right! Since the classes were held after school, I was sketching till five in the afternoon. I asked if I could do the rest at home and was given permission to. These sketches were made some years ago, resurrected from old piles, now posted for history sake.

First Attempt

Second Attempt
Final Attempt
I felt I was very good with shapes but terrible with straight lines. We were even discouraged to use rubbers, whew, but I cheated a little, wink wink! I enjoyed the sessions though till we went to painting. That's another story then.

11 comments:

  1. galing ng improvement sir ah :)
    ibig sabihin may talent ka talaga sa pagguhit... ako pang abstract lang eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinakamaganda nga ang final attempt pero pinakagusto ko yung una kasi mas ramdam ko 'yung 'rawness' at mas nakita ko 'yung thought process that you had doing it... alam mo 'yun? hmmmnnn... ahhh basta for sure gets mo... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aba jep, mas mahirap interpret ang abstract. Science teacher ka hindi ba? Once I had one doctor friend who told me that the colours of microscopic germs are like paintings. She was talking about venereal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aba matalino ka talaga senyor, dahil nga yung first interpretation ko was mine and the last one was done because the teacher asked me to, masaya siya in the end while I was not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir... maganda. Wala akong ganyang talent kaya ingit ako sa mga magagaling magdrawing. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nahalungkat ko lang naman at nais i- share. Salamat naman sa pagdalaw. Sige, archieviner, dalaw ka next year, kita kits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ung first attempt pa lang ee maganda na ee!
    aok din may prob sa straight lines pasmado kasi ako haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mas gusto ko lang yung curves, mas mabilis at hindi halata kung may flaw. MEcoy, ganda nga ng drawing mo eh. I cannot draw people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no rubbers? seriously? ang hirap kaya magsulat ng walang pambura, how much more mag draw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oo nga. Nung una nakakainis but I saw the value of it. Sa school nga namin, the project coordinator discourages children to use rubbers :) when they draw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me rin, wanted to learn the art of drawing, pero la ko talent dyan.
    Anyway, I like the first one:)

    ReplyDelete