Sunday, March 18

From One Door to the Next

Looks like an illusion as I stare from the entrance of these numerous doors. Looks like surprise after surprise will meet me as I enter each passageway. But I didn't go in, I stayed put and reflected on its importance.


When I was much younger, I study hard because I have nothing much to offer but my diligence. I started as an honour student and as years passed, the distinction to become greater diminished. It was like the sun losing its light as we get closer and closer to oblivion. I was then trying to maintain my grades and I was able to involved myself again in academics thus making me a part of honour classes for the rest of my school life.


But in my professional life as a teacher, I have stopped opening doors or stepping into one as I become comfortable with just teaching. It is age and I do not regret any minute of my decision to stay put as an educator. I could have taken more brave steps along the road but I chose to remain simple and dedicated as a facilitator of learning to children. My one year stint as a head teacher was enough to bring accolades to my professional endeavour. I vowed to do my vocation as an educator till I can touch  more lives in the years to come.


So the doors I will open and start peeking into will be the next few years of my life, not as an educator, but as a whole person. I will venture on new things as I have started this year. I will open the doors, keys or without keys, to let more sunshine in.


No comments:

Post a Comment